Hello Friends -
Currently on H1B. My 6 yr period will max out in Nov 2013.
I am working full time for an employer. My employer applied for PERM in June 2011 in EB3.
1) I am currently working as a Developer(as mentioned in my petition). I am going to be promoted as a Lead Developer. I will be continue to work for the same employer at the same location. Only my designation changes to lead developer and my salary.
- Does my employer need to file a H1B amendment?
- If yes and say if H1B amendment gets rejected, does it affect my existing H1B ( developer role)?
2) Say if I am promoted to a manager in Jan 2014. By now my H1B would have maxed out and say I was able to get my H1B extended based on my pending I-140.
- Does my employer need to file a H1B amendment now that there is a drastic change in my responsibilities?