Doubts regarding change of status to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts regarding change of status to F1

Hi I am at present on a H4 Visa. I got an admission in an university to do my Masters for Spring 2012. I have a few questions regarding my visa conversion to F1.
    1. I want to know if I apply for a change of status to F1 now how much time would it take to get approved.
    2. If my F1 doesn't get approved by the start of my spring semester, but gets approved after I register for classes on my H4 then what do I need to do (as I am not planning to register for 9 credit hours on H4).

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by meenakshi_1948 View Post
    Hi I am at present on a H4 Visa. I got an admission in an university to do my Masters for Spring 2012. I have a few questions regarding my visa conversion to F1.
    1. I want to know if I apply for a change of status to F1 now how much time would it take to get approved.
    2 to 3 months
    2. If my F1 doesn't get approved by the start of my spring semester, but gets approved after I register for classes on my H4 then what do I need to do (as I am not planning to register for 9 credit hours on H4).
    If you expect approval during the semester, register full-time (even on H4) and just inform the school DSO after F1 is approved.
    Please advice. Thanks in advance.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X