Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I collect Stamped Passports next day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I collect Stamped Passports next day?

Hi,
    I am traveling to India on 12/09 for stamping. I was looking forward to get the stamping done on 12/12 in Mumbai but since I need to submit the documents three days in advance (I am assuming the documents include passport as well) I wont be able to schedule my appointment on 12/12 to Mumbai consulate. I think Kolkotta, Chennai & New Delhi consulates dont have any such requirement on Mandatory Documents submission. I think I can carry the documents along with me on the date of appointment to Kolkotta, Chennai or New Delhi. Having said that, does Kolkotta, Chennai and New Delhi VFS hands over the stamped passport on the next day? Or would I have to wait for the Courier?

Kindly Confirm.

Thanks,
    Rahul

If the visa gets approved without a 221g, then you can collect the passport the immediate next day at the VFS counter.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

To add to the above, delays of 1 or 2 days are known to happen so be prepared to receive the passport visa courier in case it is not delivered next day. Couriers generally deliver in 1 or 2 days in major cities.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Guys, You are awesome

Thanks Guys, You are awesome. I am sure you must be getting a lots of blessings from people like me.

One last question on this thread. Do I have to specify while submitting the DS160 form whether I would collect the Passports by myself or I would like to have it by courier? Or Can I opt to collect it by myself and if its getting late I will ask them to Courier it.

Once again thanks a lot.

Comment

If the visa is approved, go to the VFS counter and let them know that you would like to collect the passport in person and not to send it through courier. They will let you know when to come back to collect the passport.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
          Thanks Guys, You are awesome. I am sure you must be getting a lots of blessings from people like me.

One last question on this thread. Do I have to specify while submitting the DS160 form whether I would collect the Passports by myself or I would like to have it by courier? Or Can I opt to collect it by myself and if its getting late I will ask them to Courier it.

Once again thanks a lot.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

At the time of booking the appointment, you have 3 options.
            1. Home delivery - If your home address is not in DHL delivery area, you cannot do this.
            2. DHL hold at location - Any DHL office from the list, convenient to you.
            3. VFS office - They will hold the passport at specified VFS center.

Irrespective of the above choice, VFS keeps the passport with them for 1 day. So if consulate gives them the passport on Tuesday, you can get it at their counter on Tuesday. If you selected option 1 or 2, they will hand it over to DHL after Tuesday. If you selected option 3, they will keep the passport until you claim it.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X