Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I20 Issuing date for F2 visa of my fiancee

Hello all,
    I am going to get married on 26th December, 2011. My fiancee is in India now and I am in USA now. I am a PhD student here. I asked the International Office in my School to issue the new I20 for me and my fiancee (as a dependent), so that I can take it with me when I will be travelling to India during December. They agreed to issue it for me once I show enough financial documents. However, I was wondering if that might cause some problems during my fiancee's visa interview. Because the I20 issuance date will be sometimes in November, but her marriage certificate issuance date will be 26th December. Will that cause some problems?
    Thanks everyone in advance for your time.

It will not be a problem.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      It will not be a problem.
      Thanks for your response.
      I checked with the International Office in my school. They said they are not aware of any such problems. There might or might not be any such issues. However, I spoke to few friends around the campus and came to know that one of them had suffered from the issue. However, another friend didn't face any such problem though he followed the same way. I also tried to google it and found that few of the schools in USA say in their website that the I20 issuance date should be after the marriage certificate issuance date. That is why I am in dilemma. Is it possible to suggest someone to check with.
      Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X