Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Pending (Company Acquired)

Hello
    I had an approved PERM (PD Jan 2009, India) from Company A (Approved in Oct 2009).
    Company A got acquired by company B (Successor- in- interest) on Feb 15th 2010.
    Somehow Company A lawyer was not well informed about the company A acquisition, he applied for my I-140 from company A on Feb 2, 2010. Now this I-140 got approved on Feb 22, 2010.
    So basically my I-140 was pending when company A got acquired by company B.
    It is Oct 2011 now. And i have following questions:
    1. Is my I-140 from company A is still valid?
    2. Should company B file an I-140 amendment with evidence of "successor in interest"?
    3. Or should we wait for the PD to get current and file I-485 from company B alongwith "successor in interest" documentation.

I have read contradictory views on different websites. Please comment.
    Thanks a lot.

I am also in similar situation. please let me know if you found any info about this..

Comment

Hi,
      I am in exactly the same situation. Can you please let me know what happened to your case?

thanks

Comment

Ans

Hello

I am not a lawyer/Attorney but wen thr' similar situation. This is what may happen.

1. Is my I-140 from company A is still valid?- ANS- ( Yes but Company B has to file I140 as a Successor in Interest inorder to get pass your I-485)

2. Should company B file an I-140 amendment with evidence of "successor in interest"?
        ANS-(Yes)
        3. Or should we wait for the PD to get current and file I-485 from company B alongwith "successor in interest" documentation.
        ( It all depends how Company B wants to do it. Ideally most cases they will wait for PD to become current and then apply for 485 alongwith I-140 Successor Interest together concurrently. Applying I-140 now as Successor In Interest can also work but depends how compnay B wants to do it. Most Lawyers will advise to file together.

Filing I-140 now can save the processing time of 6 to 8 months if you do it now. Talk to Company B lawyer and let them decide. In my case they filed together after PD became current .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X