Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Premium

Hi
    I submitted my application for L1 to H1 premium processing but its 15 days today I haven't got any reply back from VCS (uscis) so wondering what is happening?

Am I going to get RFE?

Is it normal to have not to receive any communication frin VCS in 15 days?

What should I do next?

Its critical for me to get answers for these questions so will really appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Usually you should get a response within 15 days from submitting the documents in premium processing. Check the USCIS case status online using the receipt number. The employer/lawyer who filed the petition in premium processing should have received the receipt notice by email (when filed under premium processing). If USCIS cannot decide on your case within 15 day days, then they will go for normal processing and will return the premium processing money. Check with the employer to see if the cheques submitted for processing got cleared or not. That will give you an indication whether your petition was taken for processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

L1 to H1 Premium

Status still shows 'Acceptance' on USCIS website.

Will check with employer whether cheque for premium processing is cached or not.

thanks.

Comment

How did you received the receipt number? Did USCIS send it through email to the attorney? They send the receipt number by email only for premium processing cases. what is the receipt date?

Originally posted by PremiL1toH1 View Post
        Status still shows 'Acceptance' on USCIS website.

Will check with employer whether cheque for premium processing is cached or not.

thanks.

Comment

L1 to H1 Premium

1. I filed for H1 premium processing.

2. Attorny Received the receipt# in the email from VCS, he forward that to me.

3. My dates are as follows.

Date Received: 10/13/2011
          Date Acceptance: 10/14/2011

Now just got a update on USCIS:
          Request for Evidence
          On October 27, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

Not sure how much more time this will take.

Will appreciate if you throw some light on this.

Comment

Well, if you have received an RFE, then upon submitting the requested documents, the 15 day premium processing clock will reset and you should get the result within 15 days from the date on which USCIS receive your RFE documents.

1. I filed for H1 premium processing.

2. Attorny Received the receipt# in the email from VCS, he forward that to me.

3. My dates are as follows.

Date Received: 10/13/2011
            Date Acceptance: 10/14/2011

Now just got a update on USCIS:
            Request for Evidence
            On October 27, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

Not sure how much more time this will take.

Will appreciate if you throw some light on this.

Comment

L1 to H1 Transfer

Answere the RFE on Friday. If USCIS gets it tomorrow. How many days they should take to make the decision?

Some folks are saying they should make decison on the case by the EOD friday. Is it true?

If they take 15 more days then it just defeats the concept of Premium processing.

Comment

Why will it defeat the purpose of premium processing? If you would have submitted all the required documents at the first place, then there won't be any RFE and the decision would have been made in 15 days. Go to uscis.gov website and read the documentation on premium processing. The premium processing clock will reset when there is an RFE and it will restart again upon receiving the required documents. You will get a decision within 15 days from the date of receiving the RFE.

Answere the RFE on Friday. If USCIS gets it tomorrow. How many days they should take to make the decision?

Some folks are saying they should make decison on the case by the EOD friday. Is it true?

If they take 15 more days then it just defeats the concept of Premium processing.

Comment

L1 to H1 Premium

Lawyer submited the RFE papers to USCIS Vermont on 11/4/2011. Nothing has happened since then.

1. The Case status on the USCIS website is not changed. still showing RFE sent.
                  2. We dont know how much time its going to take as the status is not showing received date.

Is there anything we can do at this point?
                  How much time USCIS takes to update the case status on Web.

Thanks.

Comment

Don't rely on the online case status. It is not always accurate. They may or may not even update it even after you receive the approval notice. Like mentioned earlier, it will take 15 days from the dateof receiving your RFE documents. If the lawyers send the documents through overnight FedEx, USCIS should have received it on the 5th and so you still have enough time to receive a response. If it is not a overnight courier, then calculate the time appropriately.

Lawyer submited the RFE papers to USCIS Vermont on 11/4/2011. Nothing has happened since then.

1. The Case status on the USCIS website is not changed. still showing RFE sent.
                    2. We dont know how much time its going to take as the status is not showing received date.

Is there anything we can do at this point?
                    How much time USCIS takes to update the case status on Web.

Thanks.

Comment

L1 to H1 Premium

Thanks for your reply.

Also I would like know how USCIS communicate the decision to Lawyer or employer?

And this communication may also add few more days as well to know the status on the case. Is there a quick way to know the status on the case after 15 days of wait time is over?

I am not sure how to hold on to the client that long to wait........

Thanks,

Comment

For all the premium processing cases, USCIS will send an email to the attorney with their decision and later they will receive the same decision on papers.

Thanks for your reply.

Also I would like know how USCIS communicate the decision to Lawyer or employer?

And this communication may also add few more days as well to know the status on the case. Is there a quick way to know the status on the case after 15 days of wait time is over?

I am not sure how to hold on to the client that long to wait........

Thanks,

Comment

The case is update on web here are the details. But following msg says 60 days. Being premium is it 60 days or 15 days of processing time? Also lawyer submitted it on 4th but they have 9th as a received date.
                          Considering following msg how long should USCIS take to respond?

<<
                          Request for Evidence Response Review
                          On November 9, 2011, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
                          >>
                          Last edited by PremiL1toH1; 11-16-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Like I mention earlier, do not reply on the information posted in the case tracker. If your petition was indeed filed as premium processing, then you will get the result within 15 days from the date of receipt. It doesn't matter when the lawyers send the document. All that matters is when USCIS received it. As per the receipt date, the documents were received on the 9th and you should get the decision on or before the 23rd of this month.

The case is update on web here are the details. But following msg says 60 days. Being premium is it 60 days or 15 days of processing time? Also lawyer submitted it on 4th but they have 9th as a received date.
                            Considering following msg how long should USCIS take to respond?

<<
                            Request for Evidence Response Review
                            On November 9, 2011, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
                            >>

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X