Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concirrent filing

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Right, include a copy of the form I-797 receipt Notice of Action for your I-130 to mail with your I-48 package.

--Ray B
    i am also currently doing a concurrent filing and mail my documents in on feb 2nd 2015.... i am now in the processes of waiting . hope all goes well for you

Comment

Do we need to include Tax Return forms for Beneficiary while concurrent filing for Green Card through marriage to US Citizen?
      Petitioner (US Citizen) earns more than 125% poverty level required income. Also, Beneficiary works on H1B visa and married to US citizen 2 months back.
      Last edited by GC0102; 02-10-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

notice for the I765

Originally posted by cadfly21 View Post
        early in November my spouse and I filed concurrently the I130, I485, I765, and I131. we received and NOA txt and letter for the I130, I1485, and I131 however we have not received a notice for the I765. we are concerned because my spouse would like to start working as soon as possible. has anyone had the same issue.
        The notice for the I765 notice come from 7 to 10 days,

Comment

I-130

Hello! My wife (recently married, 11/14) was a student and is currently on her OPT, we are about to send all the documents for immigration. I would like to file an I-130 because we plan on traveling to China (she's Chinese) in December however I don't know how to classify her status on the I-130 form. There isn't an option for students who are on OPT... Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by oppius View Post
            Hello! My wife (recently married, 11/14) was a student and is currently on her OPT, There isn't an option for students who are on OPT... Any advice?
            OPT status classify under F-1 (student visa) status. University issues new I-20 form for F1-OPT status; but she is still under student visa.
            Last edited by GC0102; 03-09-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GC0102 View Post
              OPT status classify under F-1 (student visa) status. University issues new I-20 form for F1-OPT status; but she is still under student visa.
              My apologies, I meant to say form I-131 Application for Travel Document. It does not have a clear option for those that are under F1-OPT. Would they be considered conditional residents?

for part 2 it gives me the option of:
              1a. I am a permanent resident or condition resident of the United States, and I am applying for a reentry permit.
              1b. I now hold U.S. Refugee or asylee status, and I am applying for a refugee Travel Document.
              1c. I am a permanent resident as a direct result of refugee or asylee stats, and I am applying for a refugee travel document.
              1d. I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel.
              1e. I am outside the United States, and I am applying for an Advanced Parole Document.
              1f. I am applying for an Advance Parole Document for a person who is outside of the United States.

Which one would I choose for her? Again, she just graduated and is currently on her F1-OPT which just started this Feb. Thanks for any help!!

Comment

Also, one last question, at what point does my wife change her last name to mine? She would like to affix my last name to hers but we are unsure at what step of the process do we do that...

Comment

Originally posted by petroUA View Post
                  Hi,

I'm going through this whole process right now, so I would like to share my experience and make sure I've done everything properly.

Background
                  I am a citizen of Ukraine. I am employed by the Ukrainian office of American company and came to US for a business trip using B-1 visitor visa on June 1st with expiration date on Form I-94 November 30th 2011. On September 15th I married a US citizen by birth (so we should not be affected by 30-60 days rule).

Package
                  Whole package was described in a cover letter, see below:
                  USCIS
                  131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
                  Chicago, IL
                  60603-5517

October 21, 2011

Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) , I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): Petitioner Name and Last Name
                  Beneficiary (Alien Spouse): Beneficiary Name and Last Name
                  Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

Contents include:

1. Check in the amount of US$420 for I-130

2. Check in the amount of US$1,070 for I-485

3. Form G1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

4. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
                  • Copy of US Citizen’s birth certificate
                  • Copy of US Citizen’s passport
                  • Copy of marriage certificate
                  • G325A signed by US Citizen
                  • G325A signed by beneficiary
                  • Passport photo of US Citizen (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
                  • Passport photo of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
                  • Evidence of Bona fide Marriage
                  - Copy of joint bank account information
                  - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
                  - Copy of rent payments bank account information
                  - Picture that document relationship and marriage

5. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
                  • Continuation pages for Form I-485
                  • Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation
                  • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa
                  • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-485 and signed)
                  • Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
                  • Copy of I-94 Form (front and back)

6. I-765 Application For Employment Document
                  • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-765 and signed)

7. I-131 Application For Travel Document
                  • Explanation showing circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole Document
                  • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-131 and signed)

Signature of Petitioner: Date:

Process and actions made
                  On October 22nd the whole package was sent via US Mail Express Mail to the address shown above. The cost for the whole package was about $18. On Monday using the US Mail tracker I got a confirmation of delivery at 11:00 AM.

Questions
                  1. When I was filing form I-485 I stated that I had military training during my study in the university. I have added 3 continuation pages explaining the circumstances. How likely is this to affect the process?
                  2. From what I've realized after thoroughly studying all possible sources including this blessed website it is not mandatory to file the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support concurrently with I-485. The Petitioner will be notified when filing of I-864 is required. As at this moment my wife doesn't meet the 125% requirements we will file this form later, in a couple of month. Please confirm or correct.
                  3. Form G-1145 was submitted, so I expect to receive an e-mail notification of acceptance. Will I receive paper notification as well? How long does it usually take to receive such notification both by email and mail?
                  4. What are the next steps and what should we be concerned about?

I hope this description would be helpful for others. Your comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated.
                  Excellent post, I will definitely file all of them at once, since I was initially planning on filing form I-131 separately. Thanks for posting your breakdown of documents you provided as well, it will serve me as a little outline on what I'll, more or less, submit.

Comment

Submitting duplicates?

Hi, nice summary; helped me put together my cover letter. I have one question about this though. Is it really necessary to submit duplicates each time another form requires the same thing? i.e., 5 passport style photos and 2 times form G-325A? Or is it ok as long as everything is just included in the package, without so many duplicates?

Thanks!

Joli

Originally posted by petroUA View Post
                    Hi,

I'm going through this whole process right now, so I would like to share my experience and make sure I've done everything properly.

Background
                    I am a citizen of Ukraine. I am employed by the Ukrainian office of American company and came to US for a business trip using B-1 visitor visa on June 1st with expiration date on Form I-94 November 30th 2011. On September 15th I married a US citizen by birth (so we should not be affected by 30-60 days rule).

Package
                    Whole package was described in a cover letter, see below:
                    USCIS
                    131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
                    Chicago, IL
                    60603-5517

October 21, 2011

Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) , I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): Petitioner Name and Last Name
                    Beneficiary (Alien Spouse): Beneficiary Name and Last Name
                    Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

Contents include:

1. Check in the amount of US$420 for I-130

2. Check in the amount of US$1,070 for I-485

3. Form G1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

4. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
                    • Copy of US Citizen’s birth certificate
                    • Copy of US Citizen’s passport
                    • Copy of marriage certificate
                    • G325A signed by US Citizen
                    • Passport photo of US Citizen (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
                    • Passport photo of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
                    • Evidence of Bona fide Marriage
                    - Copy of joint bank account information
                    - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
                    - Copy of rent payments bank account information
                    - Picture that document relationship and marriage

5. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
                    • Continuation pages for Form I-485
                    • Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation
                    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-485 and signed)
                    • Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
                    • Copy of I-94 Form (front and back)

6. I-765 Application For Employment Document
                    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-765 and signed)

7. I-131 Application For Travel Document
                    • Explanation showing circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole Document
                    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-131 and signed)

Signature of Petitioner: Date:

Process and actions made
                    On October 22nd the whole package was sent via US Mail Express Mail to the address shown above. The cost for the whole package was about $18. On Monday using the US Mail tracker I got a confirmation of delivery at 11:00 AM.

Questions
                    1. When I was filing form I-485 I stated that I had military training during my study in the university. I have added 3 continuation pages explaining the circumstances. How likely is this to affect the process?
                    2. From what I've realized after thoroughly studying all possible sources including this blessed website it is not mandatory to file the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support concurrently with I-485. The Petitioner will be notified when filing of I-864 is required. As at this moment my wife doesn't meet the 125% requirements we will file this form later, in a couple of month. Please confirm or correct.
                    3. Form G-1145 was submitted, so I expect to receive an e-mail notification of acceptance. Will I receive paper notification as well? How long does it usually take to receive such notification both by email and mail?
                    4. What are the next steps and what should we be concerned about?

I hope this description would be helpful for others. Your comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Comment

Green Card

Hi

My wife got her SB1 visa and arrived in Dallas dated 02/28/2015. She submitted her immigration fee dated 03/18/2015 through ELIS. She didn't get her plastic green card and well come notice from USCIS. Noe it has been over 1 month. We are very worried about that. She came back last week to her back home country from USA for 2 weeks. Now she is going back to USA this week end. Please let me know how long does the USCIS take to deliver the plastic green card after arrival in the U.S.

Can my wife reenter in USA on the same stamp on which she entered first time in USA? It is valid for 6 months its 6 month validity is going to expired tomorrow.

Please help me out.

Kind Regards

Comment

H1B worker married to US citizen - greencard help

Originally posted by GC0102 View Post
                        Do we need to include Tax Return forms for Beneficiary while concurrent filing for Green Card through marriage to US Citizen?
                        Petitioner (US Citizen) earns more than 125% poverty level required income. Also, Beneficiary works on H1B visa and married to US citizen 2 months back.
                        Hi,
                        I am an H1B worker, who has been working in the US for last 5 years. I got married in Feb 2015. My husband had a greencard at the time of marriage. He got his US citizenship last week. I am looking to apply for greencard through marriage and wondering how to get started. Could you share your process and timeline please?

Comment

Timeline for I- 130, I-485, I-765 Marriage based petition

I am a US Citizen. My husband came with a B2 Visitor's visa, no over stay, and we married here in the states last March. We did concurrent filing of I130, I485 and I765.

Here is our timeline:

April 06, 2016- mailed all 3 forms and supporting documents to Chicago lockbox.
                          April 07, 2016- documents received at Chicago Lockbox.
                          April 14, 2016- all checks are cashed by Dept of Homeland security.
                          April 15, 2016- Notification thru text and email of case received (Official receipt notice to follow Form 1-797)

That's all for right now. I will keep updating. My husband is so ready top work and is waiting for employment authorization.
                          I hope and pray everything goes well.

Comment

Timeline for concurrent filing i-130, I- 485, I-765

Originally posted by ronasantos View Post
                            I am a US Citizen. My husband came with a B2 Visitor's visa, no over stay, and we married here in the states last March. We did concurrent filing of I130, I485 and I765.

Here is our timeline:

April 06, 2016- mailed all 3 forms and supporting documents to Chicago lockbox.
                            April 07, 2016- documents received at Chicago Lockbox.
                            April 14, 2016- all checks are cashed by Dept of Homeland security.
                            April 15, 2016- Notification thru text and email of case received (Official receipt notice to follow Form 1-797)
                            April 21, 2016- Official notice of receipt (NOA) received in the mail all for I-130, I-485 and I-765.
                            April 27, 2016- Received Biometrics appointment letter scheduled for May 11, 2016.
                            May 11, 2016- Biometrics appointment.

That's all for right now. I will keep updating. My husband is so ready to work and is waiting for employment authorization.
                            I hope and pray everything goes well.
                            I will keep updating for the progress. Praying everything goes well.

Comment

Concurrent filing

concurrent filing of I130, I485 and I765.

My wife and step-son (5y/o) packages were received on Feb 29, 2016. In April my step-son got his biometrics done in Austin, TX and I believe the next step will be the interview, however, my wife has not received her biometrics appointment yet.

How much longer should we wait before giving them call about my wife's appointment?

Comment

Originally posted by ronasantos View Post
                                I will keep updating for the progress. Praying everything goes well.
                                Hi

I was wondering if you had any update on your case. I'm curious to know how long the EAD/i767 takes since the moment is filed, for how long is granted and if immigration waits until the other applications are processed before approving the EAD/iI767

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X