X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

Originally posted by lmrz View Post
    Hi

I was wondering if you had any update on your case. I'm curious to know how long the EAD/i767 takes since the moment is filed, for how long is granted and if immigration waits until the other applications are processed before approving the EAD/iI767
    I think it is meant to take 3 months. I am about to file concurrently too, below is my checklist and i am wondering if I haave forgotten anything or misarranged any?

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
    • Form I-130
    • Copy of petitioner's US birth certificate
    • Copy of petitioner's US passport
    • Copy of petitioner's US driver's license
    • Copy of marriage certificate
    • G325A signed by petitioners
    • G325A signed by beneficiary
    • Form G-1145
    • Passport photo of US Citizen (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
    • Passport photo of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
    • Evidence of Bonafide Marriage
    - Copy of joint vehicle insurance
    - 3 Affidavits for Bona Fide Marriage by US Citizen third parties
    - Copy of joint home rental agreement
    - Picture that document relationship and marriage
    - Joint electricity bill
    - Hotel bill for wedding Night
    - Copy of petitioner's social security card showing change of the last name
    - copy of drivers licenses of petitioner and beneficiary showing the same address and last-name
    - Birthday cards from petitioner (wife) and mother of the petitioner (wife's mother) to beneficiary (husband).

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
    • Form I-485
    • Continuation pages for Form I-485
    • Copy of Birth Certificate
    • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa
    • Copy of passport page with National identity information
    • Copy of form I-20
    • Copy of I-94 Form
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-485 and signed)
    • Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
    • Copy of form G-1145

I-765 Application for Employment Document
    • Form I-765
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-765 and signed)
    • Copy of form G-1145
    • Copy of form I-20

I-131 Application for Travel Document
    • Copy of Form I-131 with reason for Advance Parole Document
    • Copy of form G-1145
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-131 and signed)

I-864 Affidavit of support under section 213A of the INA
    • Copy of Form I-864
    • 2 passport photos of sponsor
    • Copy of form G-1145
    • copy of drivers licenses of sponsor
    • Copy of sponsors US passport
    • Letter from of Employment
    • 6 copies of pay studs from employer of sponsor showing wage above 135% of Federal poverty level
    • Tax Documents
    - 2013 Form 1040, 8863, 8867
    - 2014 Form 1040, 8863, 8867, 1098,
    - 2014 W2 and earnng summary
    - 2015 Form 1040, 8863, 1-NR/PY, NTS-L-NR/PY
    - 2015 W2 and tax statement

Comment

Hey,

Did you find out about this?i was wondering just the same thing since im about to send both i-130 and i-485 together

Originally posted by joli bastin View Post
      hi, nice summary; helped me put together my cover letter. I have one question about this though. Is it really necessary to submit duplicates each time another form requires the same thing? I.e., 5 passport style photos and 2 times form g-325a? Or is it ok as long as everything is just included in the package, without so many duplicates?

Thanks!

Joli

Comment

Hi

Have you heard back from them?

Originally posted by joli bastin View Post
        hi, nice summary; helped me put together my cover letter. I have one question about this though. Is it really necessary to submit duplicates each time another form requires the same thing? I.e., 5 passport style photos and 2 times form g-325a? Or is it ok as long as everything is just included in the package, without so many duplicates?

Thanks!

Joli
        Originally posted by ronasantos View Post
        i will keep updating for the progress. Praying everything goes well.

Comment

what happens to existing green card application if I file new I 485 with I 130?

I am here on L1b visa and my company already filed for my GC in 2014. my PERM and I 140 is approved.
          My L1b Expired in Nov 2016 and My company has filed for my extension for my L1b.

I plan to get married to my girlfriend who is a US citizen by birth. My question:
          - What if my L1b extension is rejected after I file I 130 and I 485? Can i still stay until i get my response for I 485? Can I still work?
          - what about my existing GC application? can i use the same application or will the existing application helps in anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by petroUA View Post
            Hi,

I'm going through this whole process right now, so I would like to share my experience and make sure I've done everything properly.

Background
            I am a citizen of Ukraine. I am employed by the Ukrainian office of American company and came to US for a business trip using B-1 visitor visa on June 1st with expiration date on Form I-94 November 30th 2011. On September 15th I married a US citizen by birth (so we should not be affected by 30-60 days rule).

Package
            Whole package was described in a cover letter, see below:
            USCIS
            131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
            Chicago, IL
            60603-5517

October 21, 2011

Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) , I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): Petitioner Name and Last Name
            Beneficiary (Alien Spouse): Beneficiary Name and Last Name
            Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

Contents include:

1. Check in the amount of US$420 for I-130

2. Check in the amount of US$1,070 for I-485

3. Form G1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

4. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
            • Copy of US Citizen’s birth certificate
            • Copy of US Citizen’s passport
            • Copy of marriage certificate
            • G325A signed by US Citizen
            • Passport photo of US Citizen (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
            • Passport photo of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
            • Evidence of Bona fide Marriage
            - Copy of joint bank account information
            - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
            - Copy of rent payments bank account information
            - Picture that document relationship and marriage

5. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
            • Continuation pages for Form I-485
            • Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation
            • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-485 and signed)
            • Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
            • Copy of I-94 Form (front and back)

6. I-765 Application For Employment Document
            • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-765 and signed)

7. I-131 Application For Travel Document
            • Explanation showing circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole Document
            • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-131 and signed)

Signature of Petitioner: Date:

Process and actions made
            On October 22nd the whole package was sent via US Mail Express Mail to the address shown above. The cost for the whole package was about $18. On Monday using the US Mail tracker I got a confirmation of delivery at 11:00 AM.

Questions
            1. When I was filing form I-485 I stated that I had military training during my study in the university. I have added 3 continuation pages explaining the circumstances. How likely is this to affect the process?
            2. From what I've realized after thoroughly studying all possible sources including this blessed website it is not mandatory to file the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support concurrently with I-485. The Petitioner will be notified when filing of I-864 is required. As at this moment my wife doesn't meet the 125% requirements we will file this form later, in a couple of month. Please confirm or correct.
            3. Form G-1145 was submitted, so I expect to receive an e-mail notification of acceptance. Will I receive paper notification as well? How long does it usually take to receive such notification both by email and mail?
            4. What are the next steps and what should we be concerned about?

I hope this description would be helpful for others. Your comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated.
            Did you include I-693 when you filed concurrently?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X