Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

Hi,

I'm going through this whole process right now, so I would like to share my experience and make sure I've done everything properly.

Background
    I am a citizen of Ukraine. I am employed by the Ukrainian office of American company and came to US for a business trip using B-1 visitor visa on June 1st with expiration date on Form I-94 November 30th 2011. On September 15th I married a US citizen by birth (so we should not be affected by 30-60 days rule).

Package
    Whole package was described in a cover letter, see below:
    USCIS
    131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
    Chicago, IL
    60603-5517

October 21, 2011

Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) , I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): Petitioner Name and Last Name
    Beneficiary (Alien Spouse): Beneficiary Name and Last Name
    Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

Contents include:

1. Check in the amount of US$420 for I-130

2. Check in the amount of US$1,070 for I-485

3. Form G1145 E-Notification of application/petition acceptance

4. I-130 Petition For Alien Relative
    • Copy of US Citizen’s birth certificate
    • Copy of US Citizen’s passport
    • Copy of marriage certificate
    • G325A signed by US Citizen
    • G325A signed by beneficiary
    • Passport photo of US Citizen (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
    • Passport photo of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-130 and signed)
    • Evidence of Bona fide Marriage
    - Copy of joint bank account information
    - Affidavit for Bona Fide Marriage by third party US Citizen
    - Copy of rent payments bank account information
    - Picture that document relationship and marriage

5. I-485 Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status
    • Continuation pages for Form I-485
    • Copy of Birth Certificate with English translation
    • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-485 and signed)
    • Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)
    • G325A signed by beneficiary
    • Copy of I-94 Form (front and back)

6. I-765 Application For Employment Document
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-765 and signed)

7. I-131 Application For Travel Document
    • Explanation showing circumstances that warrant issuance of an Advance Parole Document
    • 2 passport photos of beneficiary (attached with a paper clip to Form I-131 and signed)

Signature of Petitioner: Date:

Process and actions made
    On October 22nd the whole package was sent via US Mail Express Mail to the address shown above. The cost for the whole package was about $18. On Monday using the US Mail tracker I got a confirmation of delivery at 11:00 AM.

Questions
    1. When I was filing form I-485 I stated that I had military training during my study in the university. I have added 3 continuation pages explaining the circumstances. How likely is this to affect the process?
    2. From what I've realized after thoroughly studying all possible sources including this blessed website it is not mandatory to file the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support concurrently with I-485. The Petitioner will be notified when filing of I-864 is required. As at this moment my wife doesn't meet the 125% requirements we will file this form later, in a couple of month. Please confirm or correct.
    3. Form G-1145 was submitted, so I expect to receive an e-mail notification of acceptance. Will I receive paper notification as well? How long does it usually take to receive such notification both by email and mail?
    4. What are the next steps and what should we be concerned about?

I hope this description would be helpful for others. Your comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by petroUA; 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM.

Update:

On October 27th my wife received 4 email notifications saying that our forms have been received by the USCIS and are forwarded for further processing. It also said that we should receive paper I-797 Notice of Action within next 7-10 days.

Comment

concurrent filing odI130, I485, I131,I765

early in November my spouse and I filed concurrently the I130, I485, I765, and I131. we received and NOA txt and letter for the I130, I1485, and I131 however we have not received a notice for the I765. we are concerned because my spouse would like to start working as soon as possible. has anyone had the same issue.

Comment

did your petition go through

i would be going through the same process now.
        kindly let me know whether your entire petition went through?
        when did you get your EAD? how soon after application?
        also when did you give your spouse's affidavit of support??? at what stage and process
        kindly let me know
        thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by petroUA View Post

Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) , I-131 (Application for Travel Document)

Petitioner (U.S. Citizen): Petitioner Name and Last Name
          Beneficiary (Alien Spouse): Beneficiary Name and Last Name
          Dear Sir/ Madam:

Please kindly find enclosed concurrent filing of forms: I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative), I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

I am currently going through this process and am trying to find out if I can file the I-131 at the same time. The form asks for an Alien Registration Number but if I am filing all the forms together, am I right in thinking that I do not have one of these yet?

I have an I-94 number as I entered on an E2 visa but there is no option to write this on the I-131 from instead.

Does anyone know if I am able to apply for the Travel Document? I really want to travel back to the UK with my US Citizen husband at Christmas time to celebrate out marriage with my friends and family!

Thank you

Comment

Concurrent I130 I485

Hi,

I am on H1 status in USA. My visa are expired but I have a valid I797.
            My Sister who is US citizen is planning to file I130 for me.Can I concurrently file I485 for myself?
            Do I need to submit I131 as well as I765 as I am on H1?
            How much time does the whole process takes(getting green card)?

Thanks,
            Minesh Shah

Comment

Please I need urgent help

Can someone advise me, I just submitted form i-130 alone,and I was told I can not get working authorization with that. Can i submit form 1 -485 immediately? or u should wait until the form I -130 is approved. More so, I ommited beneficiary G-325A. What's the implication?

Comment

You do not have t wait until the I-130 is approved to submit the I-485 package (with I-765, I-131 and I-864 forms and supporting documents). But you will need to include a copy of the hardcopy receipt Notice of Action for your submitted I-130.

If your I-130 submittal did not include G-325A forms for you and spouse (if this is a spousal package), your I-130 package might be rejected and returned to you or it might be accepted but a subsequent "Request for Evidence" might be sent to you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
                Can someone advise me, I just submitted form i-130 alone,and I was told I can not get working authorization with that. Can i submit form 1 -485 immediately? or u should wait until the form I -130 is approved. More so, I ommited beneficiary G-325A. What's the implication?

Comment

thanks

Thank u very much. That means I have to wait to get the hard copy receipt before submitting the form i-485

Comment

Right, include a copy of the form I-797 receipt Notice of Action for your I-130 to mail with your I-48 package.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lexlugga View Post
                    Thank u very much. That means I have to wait to get the hard copy receipt before submitting the form i-485

Comment

I appreciate

I appreciate. I will do just that. Mail was sent to me that my package has been received I guest I should proceed with submittion for form i-485 with the usual fees of $1070

Comment

cont..

Although my package has been routed to Nebraska center for processing, that means my further package will be mail Nebraska's center

Comment

Fees along with I131

Hope your process is going well, I will start my process next month and I would like to confirm few things with you:-

1) I don't need to pay any fees with my I-131 or I-765 forms as long as I am attaching it with my I-130 and I-485, correct?

2) For the fees for I485, do I need to make two seperate money orders for the I-485 and for the Bio-Metric or just one with 1070 is enough?

3) What documents you have provided as evidence of support as long as your wife was a citizen based on birth and didn't live in US before?

Regards
                          MF

Comment

Affidavit support

I have a join sponser for my wife and son applications, do I need to have two forms for I-864 affidavit support, one for each applicant, or only one affidavit support form is enough for both of them?

Comment

If your wife and son were petitioned separately and you are a U.S. citizen (Immediate Priority of family members), you need separate sponsorship packages for each.

--Ray B

Originally posted by capotin9 View Post
                              I have a join sponser for my wife and son applications, do I need to have two forms for I-864 affidavit support, one for each applicant, or only one affidavit support form is enough for both of them?
                              - - - Updated - - -

Your I-765 and i-131 procedures are included in the $1,070 fee for your I-485.

One check for $1,070 is okay for yoru I-485, and a separate check for $420 for you I-130.

If your wife is a U.S. citizen by birth, why are you petitioning her?

--Ray B

Originally posted by capotin9 View Post
                              Hope your process is going well, I will start my process next month and I would like to confirm few things with you:-

1) I don't need to pay any fees with my I-131 or I-765 forms as long as I am attaching it with my I-130 and I-485, correct?

2) For the fees for I485, do I need to make two seperate money orders for the I-485 and for the Bio-Metric or just one with 1070 is enough?

3) What documents you have provided as evidence of support as long as your wife was a citizen based on birth and didn't live in US before?

Regards
                              MF

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X