Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-20 Canceled after school lost their accreditation

Hi,

I have transferred schools from my BA to my Masters and was accepted with a new i-20 on the way and received an e-mail form the school saying my i-20 was canceled.

after lots of phone calls i was finally told that the school didn't pass the international accreditation (or whatever they call it ,i can't think of it right now) and that the i-20 for all the new students are cancelled..

they said this happened because they missed a deadline of some sort.

anyways, i called my old school so they could give me some insights on this and they said the will contact SEVIS and see what they can do. it turns out that my whole record got terminated.

that means they can't pull it and my faith is in the hands of the new school and hopeing they pass that test.

i was suggested to find a new school.

what i would like to know: how long can i stay in the country?? what are the rules for situation for this?
    i was told by multiple schools ( i did a lot of calling) that i shouldn't have to worry. well i am.

how easy would it be for another "new school" to get hold of my record? and if that is even possible after being terminated?

any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X