Greetings. I recently finished my Ph.D. in Computer Science and looking to work for a company that does projects for DoE and DARPA. Some details are below:
- Over 10 research publications in peer-reviewed conferences.
- Over 3 journal papers in top journals
- 4 book chapters
- I can get letters from some top DoE and DARPA directors as I have worked with them before and published papers.
- This contract company extends the research and builds systems with heavy funding from DoE and DARPA. My work will be important for furthering the research and building prototypes.
- I have received many academic awards and done social work on Robotics for local high-schools for which I can provide newspaper articles and links to related sites.
Based on the above, can anyone please suggest how I can proceed to file for Green Card? Can I go for EB-1 - Extraordinary Ability? Or can I opt for NIW? Another question is: What is the typical delay in getting visas in EB-1 category : 6 months ? 1 year? (Am I very hopeful ????).
I understand this will be done on a case-by-case basis. I need to have a 'general' opinion on where I fit. I will also be seeing an attorney soon to weigh my options.
Your suggestions are very much appreciated,