No announcement yet.

H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I went to VFS with a cover letter stating that my employer has sent the documents already, and the passport. And I got the following responses,

1) VFS does not accept any document through courier. also the mumbai consulate does not accept any document before 21st. So I need to carry the documents to VFS on 21st.

2) with blue form no need to submit the passport with documents. But in the form it is different.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
    Yes. Lot of employer directly submit the documents to the consulate as they are confidential documents. This is not an issue. They will directly courier the documents to VFS.

Comment

@ nosiaj..

Ohh really?? u mean ..the VFS will not accept any documents uptill 21st?? i planing to submit my documents tomorow...in person..are they going to entertain?

and what is with the passport?? r v not supposed to submit the passport along with the documents?

Comment

Exactly. They said, after reviewing the documents, the consulate will contact the applicant for passport submission. and yes, the vfs not taking documents before 21st. may be you can have a try.

how your employer sent such confidential documents to you ? is it in any kind of sealed pack ?

Originally posted by bindu155 View Post
        @ nosiaj..

Ohh really?? u mean ..the VFS will not accept any documents uptill 21st?? i planing to submit my documents tomorow...in person..are they going to entertain?

and what is with the passport?? r v not supposed to submit the passport along with the documents?

Comment

Yes..it is the Sealed pack..i am guessing all the documents are in there..need to submit them with passport..!

Comment

Best wishes !!. Please post updates.

Yes..it is the Sealed pack..i am guessing all the documents are in there..need to submit them with passport..!

Comment

Stuck with 221(g) Blue form at Mumbai Consulate

I came to India for a vacation, and with the intention of getting my visa stamped. I have been in the US since past 6 years. However, on my interview date on October 21, the Visa Officer gave me the blue 221(g) form with the following additional documents requested: A copy of I-129 petition as filed with USCIS along with all the supporting documents.

I submitted all my documents the very next day. However, they did not accept my passport along with the other documents and indicated that I need to wait for an email with further instructions.
              In between, there were Diwali holidays, Eid holidays, Veterans day holiday and starting tomorrow, the Consulate will be closed for next 5 days due to their move to Bandra Kurla Complex location.

I am basically confused and frustrated as there is no other information or any idea about the length of time it would take to process. It will be living in the dark until something comes up.

Been reading about 1 in 2 cases foor people who have been getting the 221(g) forms. Based on the experiences I have been reading, people are gettingn stuck here for months without any information about their status.

Will again post something as soon as I hear, hopefully, from them
              AM!

Comment

Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
                Best wishes !!. Please post updates.
                @nosiaj, @Bindu,
                Heard anything from them today? Or has it been a wait again until the Embassy opens again on 21st?
                I am losing hope of getting the visa very soon, feel that I am going to join those people who have been waiting for months together!

Comment

I think we all should party this week, considering the hopelessness of the situation

Originally posted by aumehta View Post
                  @nosiaj, @Bindu,
                  Heard anything from them today? Or has it been a wait again until the Embassy opens again on 21st?
                  I am losing hope of getting the visa very soon, feel that I am going to join those people who have been waiting for months together!

Comment

@ Anu Mehta

Waiting Game going on here!!...Cant do anything...I have to Postpone my ticket now...my return was scheduled on 1st..now i dont see the hopes on flying on 1st Dec!!...
                    Wait uptill 21st nov..and call the Consulate!!

Good luck

Comment

Confused

I am in a confused state. Senior members please help me..

as described in this thread earlier, I am going through the 221g ordeal. My employer submitted all the documents through courier. and according to them, the VFS accepted the courier by signing.

But I was informed by VFS, that they do not accept any documents by courier.

If VFS is right then I will be in trouble. so what is your opinion ? Is there any similar experience before ?

Comment

@ bindu155

Hi, have you submit the documents ? did they allow you to submit the passport along with documents ?

Comment

Originally posted by aumehta View Post
                          I came to India for a vacation, and with the intention of getting my visa stamped. I have been in the US since past 6 years. However, on my interview date on October 21, the Visa Officer gave me the blue 221(g) form with the following additional documents requested: A copy of I-129 petition as filed with USCIS along with all the supporting documents.

I submitted all my documents the very next day. However, they did not accept my passport along with the other documents and indicated that I need to wait for an email with further instructions.
                          In between, there were Diwali holidays, Eid holidays, Veterans day holiday and starting tomorrow, the Consulate will be closed for next 5 days due to their move to Bandra Kurla Complex location.

I am basically confused and frustrated as there is no other information or any idea about the length of time it would take to process. It will be living in the dark until something comes up.

Been reading about 1 in 2 cases foor people who have been getting the 221(g) forms. Based on the experiences I have been reading, people are gettingn stuck here for months without any information about their status.

Will again post something as soon as I hear, hopefully, from them
                          AM!
                          Hi Aumehta,

Did you received any response back from consulate.
                          i had been interviewed at Mumbai on 1st Nov, and submitted documents on 8th Nov.
                          Waiting for response from consulate.
                          Lets hope for best, Good Luck

Comment

@ Noisaj

Hey...I submitted the docs today..she did not take my passport,i said consular told me to submit the docs along with passport..she said,they would write it in pen it seems..!!!
                            neway...she took the docs..said wait for 1 week for processing,will get a mail from consulate to drop the passport for stamping!!..
                            So the wait game starts!

wht abt u?...btw wht time did u come to vfs?
                            i reached at 10...

Comment

@ Noisaj

Hey...I submitted the docs today..she did not take my passport,i said consular told me to submit the docs along with passport..she said,they would write it in pen it seems..!!!
                              neway...she took the docs..said wait for 1 week for processing,will get a mail from consulate to drop the passport for stamping!!..
                              So the wait game starts!

wht abt u?...btw wht time did u come to vfs?
                              i reached at 10...
                              Hi,

I had also same situation, i had submitted docs on 8th Nov.
                              They told me same story wait for 3-4 working days and you will get email from consulate.

Post update with any new information if you have.

Which VFS you had submitted documents??

Thank you.

Comment

@Spatel

I submitted at mumbai consulate!!..how abt u?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X