Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying in F1 visa

Hello Everyone,

It would be great if you can provide necessary information on the following.

My wife got admitted in NJIT (New Jersey Inst of Tech) for Spring-2012. We are preparing for her F1 visa stamping. Though she is already in H4 visa we did not intent to apply COS rather go to india directly for visa stamp.

While we are preparing for fin docs i thought of getting clarified on the following. My i-140 (Immigration Petition) was approved way back 2009 (I was single that time) with the current employer. Does this petition will affect my wife's F1 visa although she was never added into my GC petition so far.

People who had been in/was in similar situation could provide experiences then that would be great.

I just don't want to spoil her dream because of my petition if am aware of any further scenarios i can act accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by karthikdinakaran View Post
    Hello Everyone,

It would be great if you can provide necessary information on the following.

My wife got admitted in NJIT (New Jersey Inst of Tech) for Spring-2012. We are preparing for her F1 visa stamping. Though she is already in H4 visa we did not intent to apply COS rather go to india directly for visa stamp.

While we are preparing for fin docs i thought of getting clarified on the following. My i-140 (Immigration Petition) was approved way back 2009 (I was single that time) with the current employer. Does this petition will affect my wife's F1 visa although she was never added into my GC petition so far.

She will not have to answer 'Yes' to the immigrant petition question until she file I-485.Your I-140 will not affect her F1 application.

People who had been in/was in similar situation could provide experiences then that would be great.

I just don't want to spoil her dream because of my petition if am aware of any further scenarios i can act accordingly.

Thanks in advance.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Sir.

Will she have to say the same answer in case if the VO ask "Did your husband file for GC"

Note : My i485 is not filed yet.

Comment

The answer can still be that no I-485 has been filed. I-140 is your employer's petition, not yours.

Comment

Since NJIT is not exactly a great school, she may be questioned about why she chose this school and program and about her previous academic background. Prepare convincing and truthful answers.

Comment

its nice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X