Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to US After a Sem Break

Hi Friends.

I am Priyatham Anisetty Computer Science International graduate student. I came to India during summer holidays( JULY-13-2011). Due to some health problems I was not able to attend Fall-2011 sem. Now I planned to return to US on DEC-05-2011. My university Issued me a new I-20.

The I-20 states that my classes will begin on JAN-12-2012. Can I enter united states on DEC-05-2011. I know there is a restriction for the students who are entering United states for the first time should not enter U.S before 30 days of program start date. Does this restriction is applicable for me .

How am I considered ( Returning Student Or New Student) I tried to contact US consulate people via email but there is no response from them. Please help me with this Issue.

Thanks In advance

The I-20 will state if it is for initial admittance or continued studies. My guess is initial admittance and you can enter no more than 30 days in that case. You may also need to pay SEVIS fees again. Check with your school's advisor.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

My new I-20 is stating that it is an Initial Admission. And they also gave me a new Sevis Id. Can I go to Untied status using my old I-20. Because I am already registered in a course . I am still in active student status according to my graduate school.

Can I tell my university admission office that , I am already registered in a course and request them to give me a I-20 with my old sevis Id. and state that i am a returning student.

Comment

Ask your school's international adviser. That is their job.
        Your SEVIS corresponding to the SEVIS number that you intend to use needs to be active. Only your school DSO can tell you about it.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

It is very urgent plz help me .

HI,
          I called my university official's they said " we thought you are out of US for more than Five months and we deactivated your old I-20. "

I asked them to reactivate it because it only 4 months I left United States. They said they not sure how to re activate that.

Can they re activate my old I-20.

It is very urgent plz help me .

Comment

Need urgent help

Hi
            I want to apply for Johnson Wales University for MBA one year ,They do not require any GRE or GMAT.What is the chances
            of getting visa for USA in my case?
            I have passed my B.tech in Electrical Engineering with 8.43/10 in 2014,from West Bengal University of Technology.
            Please reply me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X