Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi,

I appeared for my H1 interview at US Consulate, Chennai on 3rd Nov 2011. VO approved the visa ( no slips are issued) and said that the passport will be sent to me.

But it's almost 1 week now and I haven't received my passport yet. When I track the passport on VFS site, it shows the following message:
    "Your passport is under process at U.s Embassy/Consulate"

Is there anyone i can contact regarding the status of my passport or should i just wait till i receive it.
    Please help me if anyone has anything to share regarding this.

Thanks.

It can up to 10 days to get the passport. If it takes more time, then there are possibilities that the case might have gone into admin process. Wait for 1 more week and contact the consulate or the VFS helpdesk.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Default rakesharm

I sail in the same boat ... my dad had applied for tourist visa on oct 31st and hasnt got his passport yet so I contacted the consulate and they told me that they are having some printing issues and thats the reason for the delay.

keep us posted on if you got ur passport

My wife attended H4 visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 31-OCT-2011. The VO informed her visa was approved but still we did not receive the passport yet.Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.

My dad is still waiting for his passport, its been more than 10 days.. has anybody have any information on why is this delay.

@rakesharm, did you receive your passport with stamping?

rakesharm, which consulate did your dad attended for interview? I am still waiting for my wife's passport.

Went for work visa on Nov 1 at HYD. Still awaiting arrival of passport. Please update if any progress is seen.

Any one got their passports in the above cases ? or any updates from any one please ?

Got my passport today after attending consulate on Nov 1st.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast