Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it

I guess i panicked. I guess it's not that bad. My MIL's PP was handed over to Blue Dart today. Took a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by dont_mata View Post
      I guess i panicked. I guess it's not that bad. My MIL's PP was handed over to Blue Dart today. Took a couple of days.
      May I know your MIL's "Track your passport" status from VFS website? Also I heard we get an E-Mail when they hand it over to BlueDart is it true in your case? Thanks.
      Last edited by tpmid143; 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Hi,
        I got interviewed on 05th december at 8 in Chennai, since then my status was showing "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate." And finally today 7th december, sometime in the morning the status changed to "Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in Chennai".

Thanks.

Comment

Interview date: Dec 2nd.

on 8th Dec @ about 11am status changed to "your passport can be collected etc.." and also at the same time got an e-mail about the same.

Comment

Still waiting

Hi,
            I got my H-1B VISA approved in Jan-2011. I appeared for H-1B VISA stamping on Dec-7-2011 i Chennai. My appointment was @9 a.m, young lady tried almost 5-6 times to scan barcode of DS-160 and she could not scan it. She asked me to go and create new DS-160. After creating new barcode of DS-160 she was able to scan the barcode. During my VISA interview, I was asked 4 basic simple questions by american guy ( He was nice and kind) and he told me that my VISA is approved and I should receive the passport within one week. Today it`s Dec-16-2011 and I am still waiting for my passport. I keep checking the passport status and it says "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate". My return flight ticket was Dec-20-2011 that I changed it to Dec-30-2011. This waiting is frustrating .... Hopefully I will receive my passport soon.

Any idea/suggestions ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Interviewed Dec 8th

@Hemosho,
              I am in the same boat. I was interviewed in Hyderabad on dec 8th 2011 for H1 visa along with my wife(h4). I received passport from my wife within 3 days but I have not received my passport yet. The wait is really killing. Keep me pposted about your passport and I will do the same,

Comment

@Idiamin, I wil keep you posted. I am hoping that I will receive the passport at least by next week otherwise I need to change my flight ticket ( That is going to be big headache ). Cross your fingers and hope for the best

Comment

Aplication details

@Hemosho
                  I have been looking at different forums and trying to speculate what might have went wrong with my application and there are two possible reasons i get.
                  1. I renewed my passport after petition approval, this could cause PIMS discrepancy.
                  2. I have an approved I140, would they doing PIMS on this?

I work as full time employee so i am fine on those fronts i believe. the reason I am bringing this up is to see if any of these scenarios apply to you.

Comment

@Idiamin

For your case that could be the reason. I am a full-time employee and don`t work for any consulting firm. My H-1B visa was approved on Jan-2011 and this is the first time I am coming for stamping. I don`t understand what could be the reason that is delaying the process.

I called VFS today and they told me that your passport is in process. They won`t be able to tell how long it would take to receive the passport( Bottom line, there is no timeline).

I am thinking to wait till Dec-21-11 or else I need to cancel my flight ticket and need to contact to employer. (I am not sure how long are they ready to wait? ). I didn`t like this process that keeps you in dark and having no timeline.

Comment

Still waiting.... Anyone having the same issue please share

Comment

passport delay

@hemosho - I'm in the same boat. I had my visa interview on Nov 29th. and still the vfs status page says that it is under process at the us consulate. The visa interview was simple and quick and was told that it was approved and I should be getting my passport back in 2-3 days. I tried emailing and calling VFS regarding this and they said that it is in process and they don't have any further information.
                        Did you get any updates on your case?

Comment

No updates yet.

@forza, @hemosho
                          Did anyone tried calling DOS. I had my iinterview on 8th Dec. nothing yet. VFS helpline is not helpful at all. I have my vacation until 4th Jan. If I have to extend that, it would be painful, also I am current in JAN 2012 visa bulliten, not sure if these guys would allow me to be there in time to file I485. Totally frustrated.
                          Last edited by idiamin; 12-22-2011, 02:59 AM.

Comment

It's really painful. I already had to reschedule my trip. Is calling DOS an option? There has been absolutely no information about the reason for the delay by the consulate. It seems like there's nothing that can be done from our side. Would be good to know how long someone in a similar situation took to get through.

Comment

I have the same opinion about VFS. They see exactly what we see on VFS website and gives vague answers. Reschedule the flight and extending is always painful. Any one having DOS number? Are they really helpful?

Comment

DOS response same as VFS

DOS response was same as VFS. Its administrative processing. nothing more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X