X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting

This waiting is just killing me. Still same response on the website

Comment

Still waiting here too... guess nothings going to happen until tues due to holidays. This is really frustrating.

Comment

still waiting

still waiting here.... updates anyone?

Comment

Received passport today

Hi,
          I received my passport today. Interview date - 8th December 2011. Exactly 21 days.

Comment

Still waiting

@Idiamin,

Congratulations !!!!!! I appeared for H-1B visa interview on 7th Dec and still waiting. Looks like I am in a bad shape.... Did they specify the reason for delaying your passport?

Comment

@hemosho

I have read so many forums after getting into this soup and following was my analysis for cases like ours.
              1. Many got visa in 2 -3 week time frame.
              2. Some took a month.
              3. Very few cases took more than a month, and out of those some had real issues.

I understand your situation as I have been there, but I believe we just need to pass this time and be patient. All sorts of thoughts run through your mind during these times. Try to keep yourself busy in something else ( I tried and failed ). I was very proud and confident that I would get visa easily given I am a full time employee, but this scared the hell out of me. It has also taught me how much I value living in USA.

To answer your question, no reason for delay was given. I suspect/ speculate that they updated PIMS with my new passport number.

My main forum source was this one and murtyh. Try searching "visa approved passport delay" on both these forums.
              Last edited by idiamin; 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM. Reason: Misspelt other forum name to avoid astrics

Comment

congrats @idiamin ... it must be such a relief....
                all we can do is just speculate about the reasons for delay.. hopefully we get ours soon too..

Comment

@Idiamin,

Thanks a lot. We have one branch office in India and I am going to ask my manager to work from that office until my passport doesn`t arrive. Hope for the best

Comment

@idiamin - By any chance, had you called DOS before you got your passport? Did they mention if it was admin processing that took this long? I read other forums and consulate website that admin processing specifically relates to some 221g slip (which is given to folks needing additional processing).. I didn't get any slip from VO (and believe none of you got it as well)... so wondering what kind of processing is this.

Comment

@Forza,

I am in same confusion. I was not given any slip-221g and still I am waiting. No idea whats going on...

Comment

221g can be issued later as well.

@forza, Hemoshho
                        When I called DOS and also communicated with Hyderabad consulate directly(Not VFS), they specifically did not use the word "Admin" there. All communications only used word "Processing". so I am sure you guys are also in processing and not "Admin Processing". To be very honest I did not understand the difference between the 2 but there sure is.

Comment

@Idiamin,

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Waiting is killing me

Still waiting. Called US consulate and VFS but nothing helpful.

Comment

not received passport yet

I have a similar situation, interviewed on the 16th Dec at Hyd and havent received my passport yet. The VO said visa was issued, thought the biggest hurdle was crossed! but I guess not! cancelled my tickets too, hoping it won't be too long.

Comment

still waiting

@hemosho -
                                yeah.. this is really confusing and painful with no meaningful updates.. and add to it the holiday season to make things slower and worse..
                                btw, any updates on your side?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X