Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi,

I appeared for my H1 interview at US Consulate, Chennai on 3rd Nov 2011. VO approved the visa ( no slips are issued) and said that the passport will be sent to me.

But it's almost 1 week now and I haven't received my passport yet. When I track the passport on VFS site, it shows the following message:
    "Your passport is under process at U.s Embassy/Consulate"

Is there anyone i can contact regarding the status of my passport or should i just wait till i receive it.
    Please help me if anyone has anything to share regarding this.

Thanks.

It can up to 10 days to get the passport. If it takes more time, then there are possibilities that the case might have gone into admin process. Wait for 1 more week and contact the consulate or the VFS helpdesk.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

rakesharm

I sail in the same boat ... my dad had applied for tourist visa on oct 31st and hasnt got his passport yet so I contacted the consulate and they told me that they are having some printing issues and thats the reason for the delay.

keep us posted on if you got ur passport

Comment

My wife attended H4 visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 31-OCT-2011. The VO informed her visa was approved but still we did not receive the passport yet.Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.

Comment

My dad is still waiting for his passport, its been more than 10 days.. has anybody have any information on why is this delay.

Comment

@rakesharm, did you receive your passport with stamping?

Comment

rakesharm, which consulate did your dad attended for interview? I am still waiting for my wife's passport.

Comment

Went for work visa on Nov 1 at HYD. Still awaiting arrival of passport. Please update if any progress is seen.

Comment

Any one got their passports in the above cases ? or any updates from any one please ?

Comment

Got my passport today after attending consulate on Nov 1st.

Comment

passport delay

Hi my attended visa interview on 22nd nov at hyd stiil didnt receive passport... ny one have the same problem...

Comment

Finally we received my wife's passort with visa today. Interview date 31-OCT-2011.

Comment

Cleared working visa on 2nd Dec. Track your passport says this thread’s heading message as of EOD 5th Dec. Does that mean they haven't handed over to Blue Dart yet?

Any one closely tracked their passport from the time of interview result till they receive the passport??

Does the status changes the moment they handover to BlueDart? or the status changes only after receiving the passport at our address?

Comment

Originally posted by tomy304 View Post
                            My wife attended H4 visa interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 31-OCT-2011. The VO informed her visa was approved but still we did not receive the passport yet.Send an email to Hyderabad Consulate and waiting for a reply.
                            Good that you received ur wife's passport. Just curious to know if they responded to your e-mail or not? Also during this period did you see any different status like send to Blue Dart etc or just "under process" message?

Comment

please please update your PP status promptly

PLEASE PLEASE update status of your passport promptly.

Originally posted by tomy304 View Post
                              Finally we received my wife's passport with visa today. Interview date 31-OCT-2011.
                              tomy, can you please confirm that to contact consulate you emailed to this one '[email protected]'

this makes me nervous, a lag of one month, just to print the damn visa?

my MIL's B2 approved on Dec 2nd after going thru the torture of denial 2 times and approval 3rd time with exact same info provided in first two attempts. those morons are clearly denying for no reason and they don't realize they are messing with people's emotions. i don't see any other reason except squeezing visa fees. they could have just increased the visa fee.

We are planning the travel on Dec 22nd and baby shower after 3 days. we have only 20 days buffer between visa approval and travel date. it's taking a miracle from god for every little thing.

now we need a goddamm tracker even for PP delivery
                              Last edited by dont_mata; 12-05-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X