PIO Status for Minor - New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Status for Minor - New York

New York travisa and consulate together were very fast. this is for the benefit of those who want to know how long it would take if your documentation is complete. I had travel plans for 11/26 and I sent my documents via overnight courier on 11/7. that gave me 11 business days to receive my passport - was kind of a gamble based on friend's experience. but luckily they turned out to be very fast. here's what you'll see when you go to tracker page on travisa website:

11/08/2011 PIO application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
    11/08/2011 Application assigned for processing
    11/08/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
    11/08/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
    11/09/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
    11/09/2011 Documents received by Consulate
    11/14/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
    11/17/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the PIO is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
    11/17/2011 Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X