Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help**pio card canadian

Hi,
    I'm turning to this forum for help and hopefully someone can give me a hand. I am a Canadian Citizen (born and raised) and my father was born in Kampala, Uganda and immigrated to Canada in 1972. My grandfather was born in Viramgam, India in 1920 and I am trying to get my PIO card through lineage. Unfortunately he immigrated to Uganda at a very young age and has no Indian passport or Indian birth certificate (as you can imagine record keeping in the 1920s was probably not the best). He has a Uganda passport mentioning Viramgam, India as his place of birth as well as a British Subject passport mentioning Viramgam, India as his place of birth. Would those two passports be sufficient to proof Indian birth or will I need a birth certificate or something else. If I require something else what and how can I request such information (my grandfather passed away in 1993) and like I said record keeping in the 1920s wasn't the best. Any experience,tribulations or advice with respects to this matter would be really really appreciated!
    Thanks!!

You can try with what you have.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X