Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of Residence - Drivers License address different

Hello Guys,

I am in the process of applying for a fresh passport in place of a passport that is due expiry in 3 months time. I fall under CGI - SFO region. I am planning to submit my California Drivers License as proof of residence. However, the address that is displayed on my photo ID is different from my current address. Will that be a problem? Unfortunately, I do not have any utility bills/landline bills on my name in the current address. I emailed the CGI but haven't received any response yet. Please help if someone has experienced the same situation.

Thanks,
    Sree

Why do you have that difference? Why don't you have the driver's license from the place where you actually live?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Why do you have that difference? Why don't you have the driver's license from the place where you actually live?
      I moved into a new apartment. When I submitted change of address on the DMV website, they just updated their records and never issued a new photo ID. All they said was to write down the new address on the back of the DL.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X