Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Plan for Student OPT (F1)

Hi Everybody,
    Recently i came across some insurance companies like Atlas America and Patriot Go Travel Insurance. They offer insurance for students under opt at $59 or $70 with 0% Deductable.

I also came across some other insurace companies like UNITED HEALTH INSURANCE and BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD they charge around $150 to $180 and have a deductable of $500 or $1000 . Here are the Websites where you can enter your details and find thsese insurace plans ( Atlas America and Patriot Go Travel Insurance). The network in which this Atlas America is covered is vast. I tried to find the near by hospitals by entering some ZIP Code's which i am aware of. It shows reasonable number of Hospitals in those localities.

**** Links to few other web sites. **** * [deleted by admin]

OPT Medical Insurance - Short term health insurance plans for students who have recently graduated and no longer eligible for student plans

I am wondering if this Atlas America is Certified and is genuine insurance company. What is difference between Atlas America and other insurance companies. I am just worried if it is safe to go ahead and get the Insurance Plan provided by Atlas America. I don't want to take this risk in future when i am in need of insurance.

Any suggestions and concerns are highly appreciated.

Atlas America, Patriot GoTravel America etc. are not insurance companies but they are different insurance products from different companies.

They are genuine insurance products from genuine insurance companies. For example, you asked for Atlas America. It is underwritten by Lloyds, the largest and oldest insurance company in the world.

However, I don't think you are eligible for Atlas America insurance.

There are at least two things you should keep in mind:
    1. Few other web sites display the insurance plans that you may not be eligible for while on OPT.
    2. Even on Insubuy, under OPT section, we display few plans. However, we display several additional conditions in order to make sure that you are eligible for them.

You should only buy the insurance you are eligible for in order to get the eligible claims covered in case you need them.

If you are eligible to purchase domestic health insurance like United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield etc, you should definitely purchase them and in that case you are not eligible to purchase plans like Patriot Go Travel etc. and certainly not Atlas America. Those plans are meant for people temporarily traveling outside their home country for a short time and can be purchased by people who can't purchase domestic health insurance. And if you are in the U.S. on OPT, that means, you finished the master degree and you are already in the U.S. for at least one year, most likely for few years. And therefore, your home country is the U.S. Your eligibility also depends upon what insurance you had so far.

You are eligible to purchase other insurance plans from the same company as Atlas America:
    Student Secure Insurance
    HCC Life STM

Please go over them and please contact us if you have any questions. Please feel free to call us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi insubuy

Hi insubuy,
      I am really thankful for all the information you had provided. But i am still not able to decide which plan suits best for me. Your help and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Earlier My school used to provide an insurance plan. I used to different health insurance plans provided by 2 different companies. Its been long that i was thinking to signup for a health insurance plan. I immediately want to sign up for some good health insurance plan.

My Employer suggested me a health insurance plan for $400( I am assuming it as an individual health insurance plan). I thought its too expensive for me. So, i thought to get a insurance plan for myself seperately. I am still confused by these terms deductable and co-insurance.

In short i am looking for some insurance plan of this kind,
      Zero deductable
      Zero Co-insurance
      100% Insurance Coverage
      With Good Number of Hospital In the NETWORK
      Price of the Insurance plan Below $300.

I heard some rumours about insurance companies failing to cover the insurance in some cases. I dont want to take a risk so was thinking to go for some known insurance company.

I am not sure, if this is how things work. This is what i assumed. If you can guide me that would be great. I did call the INSUBUY tollfree number during the ThanksGiving week to know about the Atlas America Insurance ( But didn't mentioned about my OPT Status).

If you can help me i would be greatful to you

Comment

If you are eligible to purchase the insurance through your employer, that is what you need to consider buying first.

Simply because some of the plans that you mentioned on our web site (or other similar web sites) because are cheaper, you can't buy them, as you are not eligible to purchase them.

If you don't want to take the employer sponsored insurance, you should look into other domestic health insurance plans:

For long term, look at http://www.domesticinsuranceusa.comh...cal-insurance/
        For short term, look at http://www.domesticinsuranceusa.com/...lth-insurance/

The most important factor to consider the plan that you are really eligible to purchase.

Just because some plan is more expensive, you can't consider buying the cheaper insurance if you are ineligible to buy that. You must consider this very seriously if you want to be covered when you really need it.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X