Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Have Returned My I-94 While Leaving the U.S ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Have Returned My I-94 While Leaving the U.S ???

Hello:

I have an I-94/H-1B related question. I just got my visa renewal done successfully.

I came from the US a few weeks ago but was never asked about my I-94 (my latest I-94 is attached to my I-797 approval notice). In other words, I still have my new I-94. The old one (which expired) is in my passport.

My question is : Would this pose any issues while I re-enter the US? The back of the I-94 card says one is supposed to submit this card while leaving the US.

Any guidance is really appreciated.

Would I be ok if I just give my I-94 to the Customs/Immigration officer at POE when I return to the US? And will he supposedly give it back after stamping?

Thanks so much.

You will not face any issues at the POE when you return back. However, there will not be a proper exit entry against that I-94 since you did not return it when you left the country and that would become an issue when that I-94 expires. There is a very clear instruction on the approved I-797 to detach the I-94 and attach it to the passport. How difficult is it to read it once and follow the instructions.

You cannot return that I-94 at the POE upon your return. You need to follow the below link to return that I-94 back to CBP.
    https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Should I Have Returned My I-94 While Leaving the U.S ???

Thanks a lot. This certainly helps.

My question is : Can I return the I-94 once I return to the US? In other words, would it cause any issues at the POE? If not, I believe I should be able to do this once I am back in the US.

Let me know. I will also make sure this doesn't happen going forward.

Comment

You will not have any issues at the POE. You can return it after entering U.S. Detach the I-94 from the approval notice and keep it safe.

Originally posted by Brynt786 View Post
        Thanks a lot. This certainly helps.

My question is : Can I return the I-94 once I return to the US? In other words, would it cause any issues at the POE? If not, I believe I should be able to do this once I am back in the US.

Let me know. I will also make sure this doesn't happen going forward.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X