Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS-160 filled with renewed passport details, but taken appointment with old passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 filled with renewed passport details, but taken appointment with old passport

Paid HDFC fee through old passport which is expiring with in 6 months. By the time I book my interview date my passport will be valid for 5 months only so applied for passport renewal.

I got renewed passport (Old passport got cancelled). with this new passport filled DS-160 form. Now I'm wondering HDFC fee paid with OLD passport number before applied for passport renewal, I mean in that HDFC reciept old passport number has been mentioned.

While booking online appointment which passport number do I need to give to schedule an appointment for Visa interview ?

If I'm giving new passport number while scheduling appointment online it is not accepting,because I had paid HDFC fee with old passport number. so I had given old paasport number to schedule appointment.

Now I booked my interview date with old passport number only. Will it be any problem if I book slot with old cancelled passport, going for visa with new passport ???????????

Please help and guide me in detailed.

My interview date is on 13th january at 9:30 am.

Can I go for interview with OLD cancelled passport along with new passport???? will consulate accepts as taken appointment with old cancelled passport ?

DS-160 form filled with new passport, as HDFC fee paid with old passport (after I got renewed passport old passport got cancelled) taken appointment with old passport. Is this valid if I book my slot with old cancelled passport now, at the point of HDFC payment old passport was active not cancelled.

If taking an appointment with old cancelled passport is not acceptable, then do I need to pay HDFC fee again with new passport details?

If I paid with new passport details can I book appointment again with same DS-160 Barcode which I had taken an online appointment for visa interview? Or do I need to fill again DS-160 form as well for new appointment to get new DS-160 Barcode ? what should I do. Please help me, I'm totally confused and very much worried. Now it is very hard to get earliest appointment for visa interview.

Checked in VFS office, they told me this kind of issues are common. we can take both passports while attending for visa interview. or else I can cancel slot and update passport number in HDFC fee reciept then I can book my slot itseems. Totally confused

You could have gone with the DS160 that was booked with the old passport and carry both the new and old passport for the visa interview. If the visa gets approved, they will stamp it in the new passport. Otherwise, check with the local HDFC branch to see of the visa fee receipt can be updated with the new passport number. Like VFS mentioned, this is common and not an issue. Carry both the passports and they will know what to do. Send an email regarding this to VFS and carry a copy of the email when you go for the visa interview and you should be good.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Please share how you handed it

Originally posted by umadevi View Post
      Paid HDFC fee through old passport which is expiring with in 6 months. By the time I book my interview date my passport will be valid for 5 months only so applied for passport renewal.

I got renewed passport (Old passport got cancelled). with this new passport filled DS-160 form. Now I'm wondering HDFC fee paid with OLD passport number before applied for passport renewal, I mean in that HDFC reciept old passport number has been mentioned.

While booking online appointment which passport number do I need to give to schedule an appointment for Visa interview ?

If I'm giving new passport number while scheduling appointment online it is not accepting,because I had paid HDFC fee with old passport number. so I had given old paasport number to schedule appointment.

Now I booked my interview date with old passport number only. Will it be any problem if I book slot with old cancelled passport, going for visa with new passport ???????????

Please help and guide me in detailed.

My interview date is on 13th january at 9:30 am.

Can I go for interview with OLD cancelled passport along with new passport???? will consulate accepts as taken appointment with old cancelled passport ?

DS-160 form filled with new passport, as HDFC fee paid with old passport (after I got renewed passport old passport got cancelled) taken appointment with old passport. Is this valid if I book my slot with old cancelled passport now, at the point of HDFC payment old passport was active not cancelled.

If taking an appointment with old cancelled passport is not acceptable, then do I need to pay HDFC fee again with new passport details?

If I paid with new passport details can I book appointment again with same DS-160 Barcode which I had taken an online appointment for visa interview? Or do I need to fill again DS-160 form as well for new appointment to get new DS-160 Barcode ? what should I do. Please help me, I'm totally confused and very much worried. Now it is very hard to get earliest appointment for visa interview.

Checked in VFS office, they told me this kind of issues are common. we can take both passports while attending for visa interview. or else I can cancel slot and update passport number in HDFC fee reciept then I can book my slot itseems. Totally confused
      Hi,
      I'm in the same situation. It would be great if you can share your experience on how you handled it. I'm not eligible for a Passport renewal in US as it is NOT considered as emergency situation. Need to travel in 3 weeks. Let me know whether you scheduled interview with old passport and renewed the passport in India before the interview.

Thanks

S Nair

Comment

Sorry to bump this old thread, but does anyone know if its okay to schedule an appointment with the old passport number and attend the interview with both the old and renewed passports?

Comment

Has anyone done this recently?

US Consulate General told me to book an appointment with the old passport. And fill a new DS-160 when the new passport comes. Has anyone done this in the recent years? I would really like to know as my interview date is coming up soon.

Comment

I am also having the same issue

Originally posted by arpita17 View Post
            US Consulate General told me to book an appointment with the old passport. And fill a new DS-160 when the new passport comes. Has anyone done this in the recent years? I would really like to know as my interview date is coming up soon.
            Hi Arpita17,

My passport is going to expire sometime in January 2017, I'm trying to book an appointment but latest i can get is September 30th, 2016. I'm planning to book with my old passport and apply for a new passport this week. Once i receive the new passport then i will amend DS160. Please let me know if this works. Also let me know if any other issue i should avoid based on your experience.

Comment

Same situation - Need to fill a new DS 160 after Visa appointment confirmation

Originally posted by arpita17 View Post
              What did you finally end up doing? I am in the same boat and need a new DS160 to be filled after the Appointment confirmation.

Comment

In the same boat

Originally posted by samsi View Post
                Hi Arpita17,

My passport is going to expire sometime in January 2017, I'm trying to book an appointment but latest i can get is September 30th, 2016. I'm planning to book with my old passport and apply for a new passport this week. Once i receive the new passport then i will amend DS160. Please let me know if this works. Also let me know if any other issue i should avoid based on your experience.
                @ Samsi,

Can you please share your experience?

Comment

Originally posted by deven19 View Post
                  @ Samsi,

Can you please share your experience?
                  No need to worry, you can fill new DS 160 with you new passport details, and while entering into the VAC (VISA Application Centre), just inform them about your passport updation before handing over the application. then they will update the new passport details in the system

Comment

Hello,

I am in a similar situation. I am applying for a h4. Last year (16/4/2020) my husband company had scheduled an appointment which got cancelled .Currently I am trying to book an appointment with my new passport .I noticed I am unable to update the new passport under 'my profile 'as my fees paid is still valid. When i called the U.S service desk they told me to book an appointment, and during biometrics they asked me to inform this to VAC officials. They also told me to fill a new DS160 with correct information. Recently my husband changed his job. Can anyone tell me which ds160 shall i use to schedule an appointment.??

Comment

Hi,
                      You will need to file new DS 160 with recent most details then book an appointment.
                      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X