Passport Renewal @ Washington DC. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal @ Washington DC. Please help

I have sent my Indian Passport to Washington DC for renewal and I'm really worried on the timelines. Its been exactly 7 business days and till not there is no update (I have sent $40 cashiers check and prepaid UPS envelope and checking the UPS tracking for any update). I guess there is no tracker to check the status of passport renewal application.

I plan to leave to India on Feb 12 and I need to get HDFC receipts/fill DS-160 and then book a appointment at HYD. I cannot do any of these with my renewed passport.

Is there any way to find out the status of the submitted application? Will the embassy expedite the process if I go personally? Will I receive the passport in hand if I go personally to the embassy? Worst case, can I just ask the embassy to stop processing my application and return my old passport? (I can go to india and get a renewed passport from there). This is quite frustrating since there is no way to check the application status.

Please suggest and share info which might help me.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone please suggest a solution for my situation. I'm bit worried now about the passport.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X