As the title says, I am in deep problem.
I am student here in the US from Mumbai, India doing my MS in the state of NY. I am almost through the course, got a job and I applied for my OPT last year and got it in hand in August 2011. Since then I have been on OPT and working with a company who said that they will be willing to sponsor my H1 Visa. I expect to get my MS degree in hand by March.
In October 2011, one friday night, (long story why and how it happened) I got pulled over and the horror followed. Blew 0.15 BAC and was arrested for DWI.
Next day, I hired a lawyer, which costed me a fortune (student, hardly any savings, new job).
Current situation, going in for Trial in March.
- Will I have to do jail time ?
- What will happen for my OPT/EAD extension if I am convicted of DWI misd.? Will I get it ?
- What will happen for my H1B application if I am convicted of DWI misd.? Will I get it ?
- During H1B Application, will my employer's lawyer come to know about this ? Is my current job in jeopardy ?
- Can an immigration lawyer help me ?
I have learned from my mistake. I have given up drinking.