Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Income Tax for US Resident (Non-Citizen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income Tax for US Resident (Non-Citizen)

Hello,

I am new here and while I was searching for information about paying income taxes I found this site.

Here is my situation. Before I came to the US, I work for an Australian company. I am from the Philippines and was working for them via the internet. I was then petitioned by my fiance. I had to stop working for them for a couple of months because I have to move to the US.

When I got to the US they re-hired me and now have been working for them again remotely. I decided to work for them full time. I've never tried looking for a job here because it's more convenient for me to work from home even if I don't get paid as much as I should be getting if I try to look for a regular job here.

I have a resident card but I am not yet a citizen. My question now is, how do I pay my taxes? My employer is not from the US and I am not yet a citizen but I am a resident.

Can someone at least shed a light on this? I would appreciate it so much.

Even though you are working for an Australian company from your home in the U.S., you still have to pay U.S. taxes on that income. If the Australian company witholds taxes you may be elgible for a foreign tax credit.
    Jeff Pickering

Work : (972) 378-5200
    Fax: (972) 692-7215

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X