No announcement yet.

221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting...it looks like they are keeping everyone's passport and I-797.

Originally posted by docsaab View Post
    I am in the same situation. My visa interview was on 20th of Jan (New Delhi), Got a Pink Slip 221g form. Was aksed to email documents which I did on the 24th of Jan. Still waiting to hear back... I am not able to check my case no. online.. Keeps giving me an "error mesage case no. not found"
    Please update your status those of you who receive your passoport back with your visas. My passport and I-797 was kept at the embassy!

Comment

In case some one gets visa or a response from US embassy, please update on this tread.

@theconfused: I am did MS is Mech Engg and working in Mech Engineering company.

I have many friends who had similar issues in Mumbai Consulate. Their case got cleared in 3 weeks.

Hope the situation is same in New Delhi and we get our visa's soon.

Comment

P. E. ?

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
        in case some one gets visa or a response from us embassy, please update on this tread.

@theconfused: I am did ms is mech engg and working in mech engineering company.

I have many friends who had similar issues in mumbai consulate. Their case got cleared in 3 weeks.

Hope the situation is same in new delhi and we get our visa's soon.
        Last edited by theconfused; 01-27-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Passport ready to be picked

Today, the status for my passport changed to below

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in New Delhi between 1600-1700 hours. Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport. If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier.

I am hoping they have dispatched the passport w/ the visa and didn't forget to send 797 along w/ it (I am always paranoid w/ all these immigration issues).

Interview Date: Jan 04, 2012
          Documents Submitted: Jan 05, 2012
          Passport Dispatched: Jan 27, 2012

Took 3 weeks in 221g pink slip.

Good luck all!

Comment

Congratulations !!!

And what do you see when you check your status using US embassy website (not the vfs website)?

Originally posted by sfo View Post
            Today, the status for my passport changed to below

Your passport can be collected in person at US visa application centre in New Delhi between 1600-1700 hours. Kindly produce your HDFC fee receipt and interview appointment letter at the time of collecting your passport. If your passport is not collected by 1700 hrs, it will be automatically dispatched to you by courier.

I am hoping they have dispatched the passport w/ the visa and didn't forget to send 797 along w/ it (I am always paranoid w/ all these immigration issues).

Interview Date: Jan 04, 2012
            Documents Submitted: Jan 05, 2012
            Passport Dispatched: Jan 27, 2012

Took 3 weeks in 221g pink slip.

Good luck all!
            Last edited by theconfused; 01-27-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

It still shows that case number cannot be found.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

So, your case number starts with 2012 or 2014? Or it does not matter because you can not check anything from US embassy website?

Comment

I had emailed VFS about it on Wednesday, and they forwarded it to the consulate on the same day. I didn't hear anything back from them and got the passport status change on Friday.

I think it was supposed to start w/ 2012, but a clerical error marked it as 2014 on my sheet. Whether they sped up my processing once they realized the error or it got processed under normal queue - we would never know.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Your replies will provide insight to someone who will be in your shoes some time in future.

I had emailed VFS about it on Wednesday, and they forwarded it to the consulate on the same day. I didn't hear anything back from them and got the passport status change on Friday.

I think it was supposed to start w/ 2012, but a clerical error marked it as 2014 on my sheet. Whether they sped up my processing once they realized the error or it got processed under normal queue - we would never know.

Comment

@sfo: Congrats. Great to hear the news.

Did they return I-797 with your passport?

Comment

Yes I receive the passport today along with the visa stamp and 797.

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
                        @sfo: Congrats. Great to hear the news.

Did they return I-797 with your passport?

Comment

221g pink slip at New Delhi

Same situation as you guys. Went for the interview to Delhi consulate on 24th. I was asked all the regular questions. This was my first H1b but my third visa overall (had a B1 and an L1B before). I have stayed in US for over 3 years in multiple visits. I had filed for Change of Status while in US from L1 to H1 and came back to India after 2 years couple of weeks back.

I was not asked for any documentation and was told that everything looks in order but they need more time to do some admin processing. The lady on the counter 30 told me that it will take 3-4 weeks and I was not asked for any documentation.

I was given a case number and this what I have been seeing since the day one:

Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website.

I was due to fly back to US in a week, guess thats not gonna happen now. Please keep posting any changes to your status here. It may calm the nerves a little bit....

Comment

@ All

It looks like the New Delhi US embassy website is working.

@ sfo -

I know that you have received your passport, could you please check your status using embassy website?

Thanks

Comment

@sfo: its good to know that they sent your I-797 back as well.

You are the first one on this thread to report that they processed your visa. Thanks for your post.

If anyone else who had received 221g form New Delhi embassy got their visa processed, please share your experience on the thread.

Comment

Just rechecked the status on US embassy - New Delhi. The website is not working again.

I know, i know, i have obsessive compulsive disorder...

:-)

Originally posted by theconfused View Post
                                @ All

It looks like the New Delhi US embassy website is working.

@ sfo -

I know that you have received your passport, could you please check your status using embassy website?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X