221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USER553 View Post
    No, i have nt heard anthing yet... I called VFS & DOS few times. They said my case is in admin process.. I am surprised that my wife got her h4 & i am waiting for H1.
    Embassy called me this morning to ask if I have any other passport to submit and then hung up the phone. After that my status date changed to may 24 but same message.
    Keep me posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOCMD View Post
      Embassy called me this morning to ask if I have any other passport to submit and then hung up the phone. After that my status date changed to may 24 but same message.
      Keep me posted.

Did you get your visa ?????.

Comment

• Originally posted by USER553 View Post
        Did you get your visa ?????.
        no update ever since then

Comment

• 221g pink (10 weeks gone and still waiting)

Hi,
          Just a brief background

OFC: 1st May 2013
          VI : 2nd May 2013
          Fresh H1 (already have B1 stamped and travelled to US in past)
          Common Muslim name: No
          I applied with my wife and 2 kids. Was handed 221g pink with no documents asked. After the interview the visa officer said the visa has been approved and I would get my passport back in 2 weeks. However the lady in the counter no 31 mentioned that it would take 4-8 weeks. i have broken both the deadlines. It's been already 10 weeks and there has been no update in my case.
          I am not sure what is taking so much of time. 10 weeks is a long time. My employers are continuously following up.
          Is anyone in the same situation as me? What are the chances of getting the visa?

Comment

• 221g - waiting for past 3 months for status update

I appeared for my H1B Visa interview on 24-Sep-2013. Interview Officer took my documents and my passport and gave me a 221(g) form and asked me to submit my Employer's TaxReturn documents at VFS. I submitted those document the next day. It is 17-Dec-2013 and I am still waiting to get my visa and passport back. My Employer contact the state Senator and they contact the US Embassy and we are still waiting to get my case processed. Is there anyone here who can help me and let me know if there is anything me or my employer or anyone else can do to help me? Me & my family are in grave situation that we cant plan anything ahead. Our lives and careers are on stake and we need desperate help here and request it from all of you.

Comment

• 221g received after approval

Originally posted by psinghvisa View Post
              I appeared for my H1B Visa interview on 24-Sep-2013. Interview Officer took my documents and my passport and gave me a 221(g) form and asked me to submit my Employer's TaxReturn documents at VFS. I submitted those document the next day. It is 17-Dec-2013 and I am still waiting to get my visa and passport back. My Employer contact the state Senator and they contact the US Embassy and we are still waiting to get my case processed. Is there anyone here who can help me and let me know if there is anything me or my employer or anyone else can do to help me? Me & my family are in grave situation that we cant plan anything ahead. Our lives and careers are on stake and we need desperate help here and request it from all of you.
              I received 221g on september 30th and the embassy asked for my passport on 26th Nov. The dates changed from time to time but the last update was after the passport submission on Dec 2nd and then on 3rd. No update since then. Did any one get any updates since then?
              Last edited by mirmm; 12-25-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• 221 (g) common name

Is there anyone with a common name stuck with 221(g) at New Delhi? Just wondering what is the processing times for name checks these days?

Comment

• Common Name

Originally posted by 221gveteran View Post
                  Is there anyone with a common name stuck with 221(g) at New Delhi? Just wondering what is the processing times for name checks these days?
                  I have a common name. I appeared for B1 visa interview on 4th Nov 2013 along with 2 more of my colleagues. Colleagues went through fine without any issue. I was directed to window # 30 after being said everything is fine and they need to complete a formality on their side. I work for a company which is one of the largest data analytics come consulting company in the area of insurance and the councilor sounded pretty familiar with it.

In counter#30, I was asked to submit my passport along with details of where I have stayed in the last 10 years. After providing the same, I was said I should expect my visa in 4 weeks time and handed over the white sheet of 221g. The sheet mentioned to keep checking the website for the updated status. The status since day one has been the same with no changes on it i.e. Administrative Processing with date 4th Nov 2013. It's been around 10 weeks now and no sign yet. I was expected to fly last night i.e. 18th Jan 2014 early morning for my meetings lined up and be there till 31st Jan 2014. All schedules have went haywire.

Sent emails and got the following reply:

Dear applicant:

Mr. ABCD application continues pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Unfortunately we cannot expedite or give a definite time frame for this processing. We appreciate Mr. ABCD’s patience. Please be assured once again that we will contact Mr. ABCD as soon as the processing in his case is completed.

Thank you
                  Consular Information Desk

Followed them on ******** but the same reply.

Any idea guys how much time does this take? I have meetings lined up in April and a conference in Oct which is very very important for me. Any pointers or experience would be helpful.

Comment

• Delhi Consulate Visa Stampings

Hey guys,

I am planning to go to Delhi Consulate for Visa stamping. I am in a EVC model and this will be my first time H1B stamping. I was on L1b and did a L1B to H1B transfer almost 18 months ago. I am carrying all required documents. Please let me know what's the current success rate in Delhi. God forbid, if it's an admin processing, How long is it taking.
                    Also is there ANY pattern with admin processing cases???

Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X