221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g pink slip at NewDelhi, took approx 3 weeks

Interviewed at New Delhi, got pink slip, additional docs asked, kept passport/I797: Jan5 2012
    VFS site said passport being send: Jan24
    Passport received with visa stamped: Jan28th

This was for my wife who was already working in US (Postdoc in Biological sciences at a reputed school), had gone to India for stamping for first time.
    A lot of her colleagues have gone though this same procedure and most of them got clearance in ~3 weeks. ( I assume thats the best case scenario for this kind of processing)

The embassy site had stopped showing any status on our case since Jan23rd, but VFS site did tell the correct status when passport was being returned. Bad thing was that we did not knew that we got the visa stamped until the day we got the passport.

Lots of suspense around this jittery process, and very hard to keep mind at peace.

My suggestion to all stuck: Keep engaged with your employers, start working remotely if possible, and avoid any keywords leading to Technology Alert List in any docs that the embassy asks for in the 221g form. As this might lead to further delay in the process for getting the clearance

gud luck to all

Comment

@palrahul: Thanks so much for sharing your experience! As you mentioned, it is really hard to keep mind at peace during this 221g waiting period. Moreover, the US Embassy website status update information is not updated.

Did they return your I-797 as well?

Originally posted by palrahul View Post
      Interviewed at New Delhi, got pink slip, additional docs asked, kept passport/I797: Jan5 2012
      VFS site said passport being send: Jan24
      Passport received with visa stamped: Jan28th

This was for my wife who was already working in US (Postdoc in Biological sciences at a reputed school), had gone to India for stamping for first time.
      A lot of her colleagues have gone though this same procedure and most of them got clearance in ~3 weeks. ( I assume thats the best case scenario for this kind of processing)

The embassy site had stopped showing any status on our case since Jan23rd, but VFS site did tell the correct status when passport was being returned. Bad thing was that we did not knew that we got the visa stamped until the day we got the passport.

Lots of suspense around this jittery process, and very hard to keep mind at peace.

My suggestion to all stuck: Keep engaged with your employers, start working remotely if possible, and avoid any keywords leading to Technology Alert List in any docs that the embassy asks for in the 221g form. As this might lead to further delay in the process for getting the clearance

gud luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
        @palrahul: Thanks so much for sharing your experience! As you mentioned, it is really hard to keep mind at peace during this 221g waiting period. Moreover, the US Embassy website status update information is not updated.

Did they return your I-797 as well?
        Yes they did return back the I-797 along with stamped visa on passport

Comment

embassy site says code invalid!!

Till day before yesterday, my case number was valid and I was getting a status on US embassy site, but starting yesterday, its saying my code is invalid. Below is the message I am getting:

We were not able to identify Case # YYYY ZZZ-ZZZ-X, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.
          Example 1: If the number on your form is 9101-333-1, type 2009101 333 1
          Example 2: If the number on your form is 8255-021-1, type 2008255 021 1

Anyone else facing this problem?

Comment

It is unique because till yesterday my case status was saying that they are not able to identify the case number. But since yesterday, it is able to read my case status. However, i do not know what does that mean?

Originally posted by sajidkhan1001 View Post
            Till day before yesterday, my case number was valid and I was getting a status on US embassy site, but starting yesterday, its saying my code is invalid. Below is the message I am getting:

We were not able to identify Case # YYYY ZZZ-ZZZ-X, Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.
            Example 1: If the number on your form is 9101-333-1, type 2009101 333 1
            Example 2: If the number on your form is 8255-021-1, type 2008255 021 1

Anyone else facing this problem?

Comment

Case number not identified

After reading forums and experience for admin processing form 221g at New Delhi embassy I have come to following conclusion:

The case number status on US embassy website is not updated regularly and sometimes gives results as "Case not identified"

Some applicants have mentioned that even after completion of admin processing and visa stamping, their case status on US embassy website was saying "Case not identified"

For those whose passports were kept by New Delhi embassy can check their case status on "Track your Passport" link on VFS website. People in the past have mentioned that they got accurate information form this tracker.

I wish that we all get our visas stamped at the earliest!

P.S.: for me, the US embassy website was showing "your case is under admin processing" yesterday. Today it is showing some "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error "

VFS passport tracker is showing " your passport is under process at US embassy/consulate"

Comment

On top of that, i checked the status of my 221 g from 2010. And the embassy website says - Under process.

After reading forums and experience for admin processing form 221g at New Delhi embassy I have come to following conclusion:

The case number status on US embassy website is not updated regularly and sometimes gives results as "Case not identified"

Some applicants have mentioned that even after completion of admin processing and visa stamping, their case status on US embassy website was saying "Case not identified"

For those whose passports were kept by New Delhi embassy can check their case status on "Track your Passport" link on VFS website. People in the past have mentioned that they got accurate information form this tracker.

I wish that we all get our visas stamped at the earliest!

P.S.: for me, the US embassy website was showing "your case is under admin processing" yesterday. Today it is showing some "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error "

VFS passport tracker is showing " your passport is under process at US embassy/consulate"

Comment

I also got those Microsoft OLE DB errors.

Comment

I checked the status today and i am getting the following message -

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'Master'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/Delhi/nd.asp, line 111

Comment

Got visa stamped

I got a message to collect my passport today.

The passport has visa stamped and they returned my I-797

It took exactly 3 weeks after submission of the documents.

Visa interview date: 17 Jan 2012
                      Documents emailed: 18 Jan 2012
                      Passport with visa received: 08 Feb 2012

however, visa has expiration date of Feb 2014 whereas my I-797 is valid till Sep 2014.....??

Comment

Check your passport expiration date.

however, visa has expiration date of Feb 2014 whereas my I-797 is valid till Sep 2014.....??

Comment

Thought to share my experience with you -

In 2010, i renewed my H1B visa (received 221 g back then). My interview date was in March 2010 and visa expiration date is March 2012 and petition expiration date was 30 September 2011.

A rule of thumb is that once you receive a 221 g, you are very likely to receive it again in future. The clearance embassy receives is valid for 1 year only. So plan your next trip accordingly.

Comment

@theconfused: My passort expiry is 2022.

So they should stamped it valid till Sept 2014. As you mentioned, probability of getting a I-797 again is high. That is why I am trying to check whether I can ask embassy to change the expiration date to Spet 2014.

Comment

passport dispatched

I got the message from VFS site today that my passport is dispatched. Hopefully it will have the visa stamped on it. Embassy site is still saying that the case number is not valid. I am guessing they remove the case number from their database as soon as the case is resolved or a decision is reached.

Comment

You should contact vfs/embassy people. There is no harm in asking. And please share your thoughts after discussing with them.

Sajidkhan is also receiving his passport. He can update us if his visa is foe 2 years or 3 years.

Thanks and Congratulations to both of you.

@theconfused: My passort expiry is 2022.

So they should stamped it valid till Sept 2014. As you mentioned, probability of getting a I-797 again is high. That is why I am trying to check whether I can ask embassy to change the expiration date to Spet 2014.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X