Passport Renewal in SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal in SFO

I have sent all the documents by mail to the consulate in SFO for passport renewal. The documents reached them on Jan 11th 2012. I have read in the consulate site that “all photocopies including photo should be notarized”. So, I didnt get approval for the photocopy of my H1B Petition. Will it be a problem? How long will they take to notify if additional documents are needed? Will all the applications go for the police verification? Please let me know the process, I have my tickets booked on March 4th for India trip. Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

It is really hard to say when they will get back to you as the timings vary all the time.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Processing time for address change

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I have another question. My current residence address is the same as that of the address in my (going to expire) passport. But the house number is changed. Will it still go for the address verification? What is the processing time if there is an address verification initiation?

Thanks

Comment

Received the New passport

Hi, I got my new passport renewed at SFO consulate.

Application received at the consulate: 11 Jan 2012
        Passport Granted on: 31 Jan 2012
        Passport received on: 2 Feb 2012

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I have applied for the renewal of my passport to the San Francisco consulate. I have enclosed along with the proof of my US residence (notarized photocopy of my driving license and the apartment lease agreement). I did not see it mentioned anywhere about whether I should any proof for my address in India. I have mentioned the same address as the one on my previous passport. Do they ask for proof of the Indian address? (I did not see it mentioned anywhere in the appication guidelines)

Abhijeet

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X