Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative processing status H1B visa

I need your opinions, please help us, our case is the next:
    I received my UCSIS approval to work in US, and I had my appointment in the US Embassy in Mexico City the last week to get my H1B visa and H4 visas for my wife and daughter.
    After a short interview the consul gave the paper that indicates that we are in administrative processing, and the resolution will be in 60 business days after those 60 days we can contact the embassy.
    There are some points to consider:
    1. Consul gave us back our passports.
    2. Consul did not give us any case number or tracking number to follow the status
    Our questions:
    1. How common is to be in administrative processing in Mexico City Embassy for this visas?
    2. Has somebody passed for this situation?
    3. Should we wait or change our plans?

Thanks,

Irrespective of the embassy, admin processing is very common these days. You can check back with the consulate later to get a tracking number to track your case online if they have that facility in the U.S consulate where you gave the interview. The time that will take for the adnin process to resolve cannot be determined. If you are not prepared to wait for 60 - 90 days, then you can withdraw the visa application, go toyour home country and apply for the visa again.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your answer shervin143, however, I have some questions.
      We (my family and I) are Mexicans, and the petition for the visa was done in USA for an attorney paid for the company.
      UCSIS approved my petition.
      But, when I had the interview in Mexico City US Embassy, they gave me only a paper that indicates that our case was sent to Administrative processing and do not contact to embassy before 60 days.

Do you know if sending an e-mail asking even if they request don't do it, is a good idea?
      I was looking a tracker for mexico city embassy, however I did not find it... so I don't know my case status, or the way to withdraw the visa application, how does work this? company shall request an application in UCSIS again? or only I need to the embassy again?

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate your support....

Comment

If you request an update from the embassy on your admin process before 60 days, you might probably not get a proper response. However, you can contact the embassy to see if there is a way to track your case status online. If you are a Mexican citizen, then you need not have to withdraw the application. Contacting USCIS will not help here as there is no issues with your petition. They just need to do some admin process beforethey can issue you a visa. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X