Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of getting F1 if parents hold green card

Hi Friends,

I am akshit and I have recently got a phd in stanford univ in eecs dept. Once I receive my I20 I will be applying for F1 Visa.

For pursuing my PhD I have obtained Research assistance which covers all my living expense and my tuition fees are waived.

I have following problem:
    My parents have recently got green card through my moms brother. My own brother is currently working in the US in California (near to Stanford Univ).

Now my worry is that as my parents are green card holder (but still in India) and my brother being in US the visa councellor may reject my F1 Visa.

I still have some time before I appear for the interview but still if some of the experience users in this forum could advice me on how should I safe guard my application. What shall I do to avoid the visa officers axe?

I am presently finishing my Masters in Sweden and I have 6 years of experience in India before I came to sweden.

Please friends and moderators advice me on what should I do to put a strong application in front of Visa officer.

Thanks
    Rgs
    Akshit

hello,
    I'm right now in the same situation. My 2 sisters are USCs and my parents have green cards. My brother is on H1. I am now applying for F1 visa. this is my second attempt as I was rejected in my first. I would appreciate some advice.Thanks

Comment

Hard to prove ties to home country in your situation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Have any of u had success getting student visa with parents holding green card?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X