Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Status, F1 TO J1

Dear Admin and others,

I am a doctor, from India. Presently on F1 , came to the US on MPH F1, then transferred to Kaplan Step 3 course, then to English course, tomaintain my I-20. I am in the US at a stretch since 2011 April, till date. Before that I had been to the US twice, on and off, stayed for 6 months each time.

Now I am doing to start my Residency training on J1 visa, from ECMG.

My previous history: in 2009, I was denied for B1 visa twice, from Dubai (I used to work there, held a Govt job, bank ac, family and other ties, so I applied from there, but was rejected twice as 212-b, potential immigrant.) Then I got F1 from MPH, from Dubai itself without any problem.

Now my question is, given this history, how wise is it to go back to India to get my new J1? oR should I apply for change of status from F1 to J1 within the US? Isnt it risky, that I stayed in US on F1, had 2 B1 rejections back in time, and now applying for new J1 (through proper documents), doesnt it look weak application?

Please advise me. I am very anxious. I cannot afford losinfg my residency for some stupid reason.

Sorry, my B1 rejection reason was 214 b, potential immigrant.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X