Travel during N-400 processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during N-400 processing

Can you let me know if we can travel between Interview and Oath? How about travel between biometrics appointment and Interview? This will not affect my eligibility as I have been living in U.S. for more than 7 years after I became a permanent resident.

Also, if I make a name change, will it delay my Oath ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

- Vinnu

Originally posted by help2006 View Post
    Can you let me know if we can travel between Interview and Oath? How about travel between biometrics appointment and Interview? This will not affect my eligibility as I have been living in U.S. for more than 7 years after I became a permanent resident.

Also, if I make a name change, will it delay my Oath ceremony?

Thanks in advance.

- Vinnu
    Yes, you can travel between interview and oath. At the back of your oath notice there will be a section which asks if you have traveled after your interview. So USCIS allows you to travel but they want to know about it.

You can also travel between your biometrics and interview or in fact any time after you submit your N-400 and before your interview (as long as you do not miss your biometrics appointment). During the interview, inform the officer that you have traveled after you sent in your N-400 application. The officer will update the travel section on your N-400 form accordingly.

As far as I know there might be some delay in your oath ceremony if you request a name change since those oaths are most probably done in court and not in the USCIS office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X