Visitor Visa-Sponsorship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa-Sponsorship

1.Self and wife are senior citizens.Our 10 year visitor visa expired in feb 2012 end.
    2.Now we have to visit US to attend my nephew's wedding.
    3.Our first visa was sponsored by our only daughter.She was not citizen then.We visited US in 2002 and were given 6 months stay.We returned after 3 months.
    The question is:
    We have to apply for new visa for both of us..We both are retired and live in own house,
    Apart from this,we have enough funds like cash,FD,shares etc and are comfortable.
    As daughter is US citizen now, if she sponsors us,are there chances of visa sanction?
    If,not can we apply on Self sponsorship basis[though daughter is there in US]?
    Which has the best chances for visa issue, Daughter sponsor or self sponsor?
    When we have to apply,as wehave wedding in Sep2012?

Sir,
    With child as a US citizen , it becomes difficult ( not impossible) to get a visitor visa.
    The reason ; visitor visa requires non-immigrant intent while
    there is automatic presumption of immigrant intent with a USC child in US.
    ( US citizens can get visitor status of parents converted to permanent residence in a few months ).
    More so in your case, as you have no other children or job ties in India.

That said, there is no harm in trying as you genuinely do not want to immigrate and your past usage of your visa shows that.
    You can apply in June -July. For self sponsorship, the officers expect good monthly family income. 1 lac / month or more is good. Some may ask about your savings , some may only decide on your income.
    So if you are doubtful, let your daughter sponsor you.
    Last edited by peace999; 03-10-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Visitor visa-sponsorship

Thank you sir for explaining the possibilities.So,in your view ,though the case being difficult as daughter is USC, I can try.I am awaiting documents from her shortly. After applying for visa with daughters sponsorship and if our case is rejected,can we apply afresh on self sponsorship basis?
      Will they process it,though earlier one was rejected?
      Also, reg: monthly income,I have interest earnings etc out of my savings.But it might not reach 1 lac/month. Maybe around 0.50 lac or so.But as I have own house and other deposits etc,will it be a plus point?
      Lastly,reg lack of job/family ties, it is told somewhere here ,that having own residence is considered as binding tie.Will that help?.
      I will be grateful if you can clarify my doubts and show me a course of action.Thanks

Comment

You can try as many times as possible but in reality ,like I said before, there is a high chance of denial. Due to daughter being USC and lack of children or strong income or occupation in India.
        Self sponsoship is always better . 50 k income won't support it . If you have large savings 10 lacs + you may go for it. if not, I suggest you go for your daughter's sponsorship. Trying again on first rejection won't make sense.

In fact , getting an immigrant visa will be a lot easier for you than a tourist visa.
        Last edited by peace999; 03-10-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Visitor visa-Sponsorship

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          You can try as many times as possible but in reality ,like I said before, there is a high chance of denial. Due to daughter being USC and lack of children or strong income or occupation in India.
          Self sponsoship is always better . 50 k income won't support it . If you have large savings 10 lacs + you may go for it. if not, I suggest you go for your daughter's sponsorship. Trying again on first rejection won't make sense.

In fact , getting an immigrant visa will be a lot easier for you than a tourist visa.
          Thank you.I think applying with daughter sponsorship has strong chances of rejection,as you felt.
          As such,I plan going the self sponsorship route.The reason:
          1.My savings in form of Fixed deposits,shares,cash etc is in excess of Fifty lakhs.hope this amount is sufficient to qualify for self sponsorship( income from deposits etc =~50,000per month)
          As you felt, no point in applying by daughter sponsorship and getting rejected and then taking self sponsorship route.
          One clarification: When I self sponsor, does the fact that daughter is USC ,affect our case,though we have no immigrant intent at all and not wish to migrate at all.
          Last option:
          You think we can I apply separately first thro daughter sponsor,showing my wife as binding tie in India ? After visa is approved an my wife apply citing me as binding tie ?
          I request you to excuse me for posing these questions,and offer your advice so that we can take the route which has very low rejection chances.
          Thanks for your time

Comment

Your daugher being USC is an important negative factor. Second is you have no children in India.

With 50 lacs savings, you can self sponsor . When they ask about income, do not just say 50k
            per month. Also add, we have 50 lacs savings and we want to use that.

What you can do is your wife can apply alone first saying , you do not wish to go at this time.
            Mother going alone makes more sense than dad. She should ask for a stay of only 2-3 months.
            After she has made one trip , you can apply to go with her at the end of 2012 or early next year.
            But there is no guarantee even with this, all hit and trial.

Best of luck.

Comment

Visa renewal

[QUOTE=peace999;264113]Your daugher being USC is an important negative factor. Second is you have no children in India.

With 50 lacs savings, you can self sponsor . When they ask about income, do not just say 50k
              per month. Also add, we have 50 lacs savings and we want to use that.

What you can do is your wife can apply alone first saying , you do not wish to go at this time.
              Mother going alone makes more sense than dad. She should ask for a stay of only 2-3 months.
              After she has made one trip , you can apply to go with her at the end of 2012 or early next year.
              But there is no guarantee even with this, all hit and trial.

Best of luck.

Sir,
              I have a clarification regarding the new facility called ' interview waiver program'. As per this link,
              https://www.immihelp.com/visa-interv...a-in-india/.Is this preferred or personal visit?
              If we qualify can we make use of it? In that case they will renew visas after we submit the docs at VFS centre? No need of personal visit to consulate except ten printing.
              As advised, we plan to go the self sponsorship route.But from the old visa( which was sponsored by my daughter earlier in 2002), and DS 160,will they wonder why I am applying by self sponsorship now,as my USC child is in US.Will that be a negative factor?
              Request you to clarify.

Does this go against the self sponsor route?
              Thanks for your time

Comment

If you qualify for visa interview waiver, always do that. That is the best route. Just submit the minimally required documents and get visa by courier. Don't have to worry about someone sponsoring or self-sponsor.
                Immihelp Support
                No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Visitor visa sponsorship

Thank you very much for a quick and prompt response to resolve my query.Truly,Immihelp is a great site which is serving the community by advising and guiding in all overseas travel issues.
                  it's even great that it's a totally free service and you and other senior members need to be thanked for this initiative and for patiently responding.
                  I am on way to applying for B2 visa with my wife through the IWP program.Hope I am welcome to seek your guidance if any problem is encountered.
                  thanks to all...Immihelp,you are doing a great job!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X