Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 status change vs stamping

Hi,
    I have got an admit in SJSU for fall 2012 and am in H4 visa (status:H4) ,planning to get F1 stamped in India this may before clg starts .I want to know:

1. For F1 interview in India,what reply is best if the officer asks me why I want to study in F1 visa and not in H4?
    2. Also,If my F1 visa gets rejected in India, do they cancel my H4 visa too? or, I can automatically come to U.S in my current H4 visa and study in H4 itself?

3.Some ppl change their status to F1 in U.S and the next sem get F1 stamped in India. If i opt for COS in U.S , What if my COS approval from H4 to F1 in US takes place after my Fall session begins cause my advisor told that if approval arrives in the middle of the sem ,I will be in H4 status that sem and be considered in F1 status from the next sem only .So,il not be eligible for CPT but only OPT.Hence,i wanna know:
    1. How long will COS approval normally take if i do it now?

Hi,
    I had applied for COS in mid of feb and got it approved in 35 days.
    I am also planning to go to india but then ill have to go for stamping.
    I also have similar questions.
    Please let me know if you find satisfactory answers

Originally posted by abinethri View Post
    Hi,
    I have got an admit in SJSU for fall 2012 and am in H4 visa (status:H4) ,planning to get F1 stamped in India this may before clg starts .I want to know:

1. For F1 interview in India,what reply is best if the officer asks me why I want to study in F1 visa and not in H4?
    2. Also,If my F1 visa gets rejected in India, do they cancel my H4 visa too? or, I can automatically come to U.S in my current H4 visa and study in H4 itself?

3.Some ppl change their status to F1 in U.S and the next sem get F1 stamped in India. If i opt for COS in U.S , What if my COS approval from H4 to F1 in US takes place after my Fall session begins cause my advisor told that if approval arrives in the middle of the sem ,I will be in H4 status that sem and be considered in F1 status from the next sem only .So,il not be eligible for CPT but only OPT.Hence,i wanna know:
    1. How long will COS approval normally take if i do it now?

Comment

Originally posted by vibhaak View Post
      Hi,
      I had applied for COS in mid of feb and got it approved in 35 days.
      I am also planning to go to india but then ill have to go for stamping.
      I also have similar questions.
      Please let me know if you find satisfactory answers

I do not have an answer to your question but I wanted to comment on your post.
      35 days for the change of status to get approved? That's nice! My application was recieved just today at USCIS. The processing time as per the website is 2.5 months. I hope mine happens before that.
      Which center did you mail your application? Mine is VSC.

Comment

Hi All

Even i would be really glad to know what you mentioned in the COS letter to USCIS. Should we mention about CPT/ OPT ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X