Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa under new school's name... Staying or leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa under new school's name... Staying or leaving?

Hello... I have a five-year student visa from a ESL program that expires Feb-2013. I was in a ESL program (English as a Second Language) for three years, and then I transferred to another non-degree study.

Currently I'm applying to graduate programs for this coming fall, and I've been considering either to go back to my country of residence and wait there for the schools' answers or register in another non-degree program in order to keep my status, and wait to hear back form the schools in the US. The last time I traveled to my country and came back, the immigration officers gave me a hard time and sent me to the special room after seeing that I'd been on a ESL school for so long, so I don't want to go through this situation again.

If I decide to leave, and then I get accepted, will I need a new student visa under the grad school's name when I come back? If not, will I have any issues entering the country since my student visa would expire a couple of months after? It's hard to get a student visa, and I'm afraid it'd denied after staying for so long in the country on a ESL I-20.

Thank you for your time and help...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X