Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa chances of approving

Hi,

I am planning to apply for an F2 visa based on my wife's F1 status. She is currently on OPT working full time. It would be great if someone helps with queries I have below.

1. My wife F1 visa is valid until 2014, however her OPT will expire in June this year; She is planning to take extension. If I apply for F2 now (before June), will it effect the chances of approval.

2. I have traveled to US and other countries multiple times on business visa and also traveled to US on L1 in the past (which got cancelled without prejudice when I changed my employer in India). Should this give better chances?

3. I am planning to provide my bank statements and employment offer letter from current employer and last six month's pay stubs apart from my wife's bank statement, her pay stubs and offer letter from her company. In the application form, I have stated that the trip will be 'self' funded. should this be OK or should I mark it as sponsored by my wife?

4. What is the possibility of approval as I already have B1/B2 visa.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Last edited by reachchavali; 03-17-2012, 12:50 AM. Reason: Updated notification type in additional options

Please help.

Comment

In general there is always a chance of denial for any F Visa application because of immigrant intents. The principal being on OPT means there is a higher chance of denial. If the OPT is about to get over there is an even higher chance of denial. So it is better to apply after OPT extension is approved.

Your previous travels and subsequent return will help your case.

Both of you together should have sufficient funds to support your expenses. Also, since you are working, you have to prepare truthful and convincing answer to question like what do you plan to do with your job, how you plan to spend time in the US since you are not allowed to work or study in F2 status etc. Remember you have convince the officer the you have a genuine reason to accompany your spouse and sufficient ties to home country.

If you already have B1/B2 Visa, and if you are planning to travel for a short trip only, you can use that and need not apply for F2 Visa. Your B Visa helps in the F2 application, but if F2 is denied
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very much for providing your detailed views.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X