Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certification programs in USLA/UCSD h4 to f1.. Any advice welcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certification programs in USLA/UCSD h4 to f1.. Any advice welcome.

Hi,
    I did some research on the various full time certificate programs in the field of computer science and technology available with universities like UCLA/UCSD. they are generally one year course that require only TOFEL and no GRE. I am on h4 for 3 years now i really feel angry that i dont do anything. I tried finding job but its not possible on h4 so i want to convert to F1 finish study fast and start working. To do MS gre is needed which will take more time so though of such certification programs.
    But because of high fees of this programs i will like to know how good this programs are in terms of landing me a job.
    Please if anyone has done such program please share your story with me i will be very thankful.
    Any advice is most welcome.

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I have been living in Greater Los Angeles area on H4 visa for last one year and now looking for a degree/certificate program so that i can convert to F1 visa and hopefully get OPT later on. I did some research on certificate programs at UCLA extension and they look good for people like us. I am planning to schedule an appointment with advisors at UCLA extension to discuss my options. Let me know if you have more info or want to discuss this further. We may be able to help each other out

Take care.

Comment

Any luck

Hi,

I am currently on H4 and was looking for certifications as well.
      Was there any luck with your research? Did you find any programs which provide F1 and OPT for a 1 yr course.

Kindly let me know if you know of any such programs. I am based in Chicago currently.
      Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Vandana

Comment

Certification programs in USLA/UCSD h4 to f1.. Any advice welcome.

Hi,

I am planning to take a certification from UCLA extension, reasons being the same that I could change my status to F1 from h4 and can get an opt after the completion of the program. My question is first of all did anyone of you went ahead with the certification and COS? Please share your experience as to how it worked out for you on the job front. Else are there any other options for people on H4 looking for a job.

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
        Swati

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by himanisaluja View Post
        Hi,

I am in the same boat as you. I have been living in Greater Los Angeles area on H4 visa for last one year and now looking for a degree/certificate program so that i can convert to F1 visa and hopefully get OPT later on. I did some research on certificate programs at UCLA extension and they look good for people like us. I am planning to schedule an appointment with advisors at UCLA extension to discuss my options. Let me know if you have more info or want to discuss this further. We may be able to help each other out

Take care.
        Hi Himani,

I just wanted to ask you if you actually went ahead with the certification and how it worked out for you? Or if there are any other suggestions for people on H4 who would like to get job here.

Thanks
        Swati

Comment

UCSC extension

Hi,

i am also planning to do an extension course from UCSC. I had a chat with the UCSC advisor. She said generally there is no problem in getting job after completing. But the best deal is to start looking for internship once you have enrolled into a certificate program. Since most of the classes are in the evening, its good to do internship duing the daytime and then do classes in the evening. It will add experience of-course as UCSC extension does not provide lab experience.

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone share their job hunt experience on if they converted from H4 to F1 using the UCLA/UCSD one year certificate program ?

I am interested in the UCSD Extension 1 year Digital Arts Certificate program. They provide F1 visa and allow OPT for one year after that.

Has anyone pursued a similar approach ?

Please help.

Thank you.

Originally posted by harpreet157 View Post
            Hi,

i am also planning to do an extension course from UCSC. I had a chat with the UCSC advisor. She said generally there is no problem in getting job after completing. But the best deal is to start looking for internship once you have enrolled into a certificate program. Since most of the classes are in the evening, its good to do internship duing the daytime and then do classes in the evening. It will add experience of-course as UCSC extension does not provide lab experience.

Comment

Share your story of UCLA certificate program

Originally posted by flower100 View Post
              Hi,
              I did some research on the various full time certificate programs in the field of computer science and technology available with universities like UCLA/UCSD. they are generally one year course that require only TOFEL and no GRE. I am on h4 for 3 years now i really feel angry that i dont do anything. I tried finding job but its not possible on h4 so i want to convert to F1 finish study fast and start working. To do MS gre is needed which will take more time so though of such certification programs.
              But because of high fees of this programs i will like to know how good this programs are in terms of landing me a job.
              Please if anyone has done such program please share your story with me i will be very thankful.
              Any advice is most welcome.
              Did anyone Join the program and landed up in a Job during OPT.
              Please share story if someone actually enrolled into this program

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X