Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 questions and my document list for COS to F-1

Hello Friends,

Here is the list of documents that I plan to attach with my change of status application.
    • Completed I-539 for change of status
    • I-20 issued by my school
    • Photocopy of current I-94
    • Receipt for payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
    • Proof of Financial Support
    Bank Statements showing current balance
    Sponsor’s Pay stubs
    • Photocopy of Passport Identification and visa pages
    • Photocopy of current visa approval I-797
    • Current Transcript

I have couple of questions about the form

1. there is a field in the form that asks " Last arrival inti US" ? what shoudl I put here? I last travelled in 2010 but I have a i-797 that was issued after my travel( an extension of my current visa). So shoudl i use this I-94 number ? then what date do i put in?

2. the bank documents needs to be absolutely latest? i have jan 2012 only. also how many months pay stubs of the sponsor should i send? i was thinking 2 months?

Please advice. Thank You.

Originally posted by nehs View Post
    Hello Friends,

Here is the list of documents that I plan to attach with my change of status application.
    • Completed I-539 for change of status
    • I-20 issued by my school Send Original
    • Photocopy of current I-94 (both sides)
    • Receipt for payment of SEVIS I-901 fee
    • Proof of Financial Support
    Bank Statements showing current balance
    Sponsor’s Pay stubs
    • Photocopy of Passport Identification and visa pages
    • Photocopy of current visa approval I-797
    • Current Transcript

I have couple of questions about the form

1. there is a field in the form that asks " Last arrival inti US" ? what shoudl I put here? I last travelled in 2010 but I have a i-797 that was issued after my travel( an extension of my current visa). So shoudl i use this I-94 number ? then what date do i put in?

Date of last arrival.

2. the bank documents needs to be absolutely latest? i have jan 2012 only. also how many months pay stubs of the sponsor should i send? i was thinking 2 months?

Last two months paystubs, Bank statements are fine. You will also need spouse petition approval notice copy, spouse's passport copy, spouse's Visa copy if any and spouse's I-94 copy.

Please advice. Thank You.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks kabkaba.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
        See above.

And what about the I-94 ? Does it need to be the one that is associated with the last arrival date or the one that is associated with the current i-797?

Do we need spouse's visa copies too? Do we also need the marriage certificate? I'm not sure here.
        My Bank statement is Dec-Jan and pay stubs are latest(Feb/March).

Comment

Submit the I-94 obtained POE (both side copy) as well as copy of approval notice with new I-94.
          I forgot marriage certificate copy, the rest of spouse's documents are mentioned in my reply.

Paystubs are needed as proof of maintaining H1 (and hence H4) status. Those are not part of proof of funding.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
            Submit the I-94 obtained POE (both side copy) as well as copy of approval notice with new I-94.
            I forgot marriage certificate copy, the rest of spouse's documents are mentioned in my reply.

Paystubs are needed as proof of maintaining H1 (and hence H4) status. Those are not part of proof of funding.
            thanks. I got it now.

I final question

I paid the SEVIS fee and got the internet receipt. So Can I use the same internet copy to send to USCIS along with I-539 or should I wait for the official copy? My DSO told me to use the internet copy itself.

Comment

Internet receipt is fine.

Comment

thanks a lot!

Comment

Do I need to enter anything in PArt 3 of I-539. My DSO said to leave all field blank or write N/a.

is this correct? I believe I need to answer 2 and 3. Below are the questions

Part 3(PRocessing information)

1. I request that my current or requested status be extended until mm/dd/yyy I'm not sure what to write here

2.is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse?MY answer is no
                  No

3.is this application based on a separate petition or application to give your spouse
                  my answer is no
                  No

4.If you answered yes above , enter name of petitioner.
                  not applicable to me

Comment

You can write D/S on answer to 1. The rest is okay.

Comment

Thanks KAbkaba.
                      I have mailed out my application today . Now the wait begins. Fingers crossed. USCIS website says the processing time is 2.5 months.

Comment

Does USCIS accept mail on saturday?
                        My I-539 application package status shows "Delivered on 24 March". I used certitfied mail. I'm wondering if someone randomly received it or what is happening with the package.

Comment

Don't worry. You will soon receive the receipt. (Give it about a week or two).

Comment

Thanks kabkaba. I was wondering how the USCIS facility is open on saturday. and then I was worried if the delivery was made to a wrong address.
                            Yes, i will wait for my receipt number , then i can track my case.

Comment

I am also appying to change status from H4 to F1 what did you write the reason for as you can study on h4.Thnks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X