Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

601 waiver approved, how long till he receives his visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 601 waiver approved, how long till he receives his visa?

Hi, I'm new here. I have a question about my husbands case. My husband was an illegal immigrant from Mexico, we have been married for almost six years with two children and one on the way. We have been working with a lawyer for about 3 of those years and last year decided to have him go through the process. We submitted the I-130 and were approved for that so we made an appointment for his first initial interview. He went down in December 2011, was initially denied and another appointment was set up. He had his health physical and fingerprint done. The 601 waiver was submitted before his next appointment and we were told it would take up to 8 weeks to hear anything. Well at week 5 he received a letter of instruction and his waiver was approved. I called the visa hotline to speak with someone, and they told me as soon as his passport was received by the consulate they would issue his visa. He sent that out the same day he got the letter and the consulate received it Thursday March 29, 2012. I am wondering how much longer it will be until they send out his Visa. Anyone have an insight into how long they usually take to process? I want him to come home soon, its going on five months and I am grateful, I have read that it has taken other people much longer. Thanks in advance.

The fist interview was here in the us??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X