H1B Visa Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Transfer

I am working in US since June 2011 and my H1B visa is valid till Sept 2013.
    Now ,I want to transfer my H1B to another employer.

1. Do I need to inform my current employer?
    2. What if my H1B transfer application is denied?
    In this case,can I continue working with my current employer?

3. If my H1B transfer denied, do my H1B petition with my current employer is revoked?

4. When can I join a new company?
    5. Can I join a new employer once I get the H1B transfer approval?
    6. When my current company will revoke the exisiting H1B?

Because I don’t want to leave my current company till I get the H1B transfer approval.
    What are the risk attached to this process?
    Last edited by genius2012; 04-03-2012, 01:38 AM. Reason: appending

1. Do I need to inform my current employer?
    >>> Not required.

2. What if my H1B transfer application is denied?
    In this case,can I continue working with my current employer?
    >>> You can continue to work for the current employer provided you haven't joined the new employer based on the transfer receipt notice. Advisable to join the new employer only after a successful H1B transfer approval.

3. If my H1B transfer denied, do my H1B petition with my current employer is revoked?
    >>> No.

4. When can I join a new company?
    >>> You can join the new employer upon receiving the H1B transfer receipt notice. However it is advisable to join them only after the transfer gets approved so that in case it gets denied, you can continue to work for the current employer.

5. Can I join a new employer once I get the H1B transfer approval?
    >>> Yes.

6. When my current company will revoke the exisiting H1B?
    >>> They can revoke anytime and that shouldn't be your concern.

Because I don’t want to leave my current company till I get the H1B transfer approval.
    What are the risk attached to this process?
    >>> Everything clearly answered above.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your instant reply.
      Please let me know what are the documents required for the H1 Transfer?
      What time it will take to complete the whole process?
      Is there any chance of deny the H1B transfer process?

Comment

Please let me know what are the documents required for the H1 Transfer?
        >>> http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75721

What time it will take to complete the whole process?
        >>> 2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Is there any chance of deny the H1B transfer process?
        >>> Yes. That is why it is not advisable to join the new employer until the transfer gets approved.

Comment

H1 Transfer

Thank you for your reply.

Recently, I heard that the INS is asking for the client letter for H1 Transfer, is it true?
          I am not clear with the process, first I need to search for the Job or go for the H1 Transfer.
          Because before giving an offer the employers are asking for the H1 status and for H1 transfer INS is asking for the client letters. This is situation like chicken and egg.

I am working for my current employer since Oct 2007 and need to give the proper notice period as per policy of 2 weeks.
          Before joining a new employer I need to have H1 Transfer approval on hand, right?
          Can you please guide me how to go about it?

What type of RFE can come during the H1 Transfer?
          One of the employers is asking for $3000 for the H1 transfer premium processing and it is non-refundable. Is it worth giving this amount?

Comment

Recently, I heard that the INS is asking for the client letter for H1 Transfer, is it true?
            >>> If you work at the client location, then yes. This is not new. This is in practice for a long time.

I am not clear with the process, first I need to search for the Job or go for the H1 Transfer.
            >>> What are you talking about. If there is no job, there is no H1B. You need to file an employer who has a job that suits your profile and willing to sponsor you the H1B.

Because before giving an offer the employers are asking for the H1 status and for H1 transfer INS is asking for the client letters. This is situation like chicken and egg.
            >>> Try and find an employer who has their own project in stead of trying to work for a consultancy company. That way, there is no need for client letter.

I am working for my current employer since Oct 2007 and need to give the proper notice period as per policy of 2 weeks.
            Before joining a new employer I need to have H1 Transfer approval on hand, right?
            Can you please guide me how to go about it?
            >>> Once you get the H1B transferred, give notice to your current employer and join the new employer in 2 weeks. This will work only if you are already in H1B status.

What type of RFE can come during the H1 Transfer?
            >>> Hypothetical questions cannot be answered without knowing anything about you or the company who is filing the H1B for you. Search and read the forum on why people get RFE.

One of the employers is asking for $3000 for the H1 transfer premium processing and it is non-refundable. Is it worth giving this amount?
            >>> It is pure illegal to pay money to get H1B.

Comment

I need help! urgent please

I just have my H1B approved this Sept 2012 and I'm applying as PT for the US. I'm still in the Philippines since my Company A prevents me from going abroad. I want to transfer to Company B. I understand I need to have an approval notice of transfer from my current employer before I could continue to work to Company B. The question is:
              1. Do I need to make another appearance to the embassy after I gained my approval notice of transfer?
              2. Do I have to pay for my current employer for my approval notice?
              3. My current employer provided me my temporary license to practice for at least 6 months in the US, will my temporary permit be affected if I transfer to a new company?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X