Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa on opt

Hi

I have applied for my F2 dependent visa for my wife and got rejected, when I was still studying masters. But it got rejected under 214B, inspite of showing enough funds. currently I completed my masters and i am on opt and also working for good company.

My question is can I reapply for the F2 visa as I am right now on opt and working and what are the chances of getting the visa. I need some suggestions Please.

Thanks
    Last edited by yerravali; 04-04-2012, 02:18 AM.

Yes, your wife can apply again. However, the previous denial will make it difficult for her.
    A safer option is to have your employer file H1, and then she can apply for H4. H4 application is not affected by previous 214b denial.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, your wife can apply again. However, the previous denial will make it difficult for her.
      A safer option is to have your employer file H1, and then she can apply for H4. H4 application is not affected by previous 214b denial.
      Thanks for the information,
      what about, if I have gradwalk letter and what are the chances getting visa in the current situation.

Comment

There is no such thing as current situation. With previous denial, the consular officers felt that she did not have sufficient ties to home country, now unless she comes up with new evidence that she does have ties to home country, F2 approval is going to be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          There is no such thing as current situation. With previous denial, the consular officers felt that she did not have sufficient ties to home country, now unless she comes up with new evidence that she does have ties to home country, F2 approval is going to be difficult.

Thanks for your advice. I have decided to go for H1 and later apply H4 for my wife.

My last question is : Do I have to go India, to get stamped for H1 and then I have to apply for H4 or It is possible to apply for H4 with out visiting India.

And if possible any suggestions that I need to takecare for not making the situation go bad.

Thanks/Regards
          Yerravali

Comment

Your wife can apply for her H4 Visa using the H1 petition approval notice. There is no need for you to travel to India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X