F1 visa help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa help!!!!!

Hey everyone I need advice in regards to my visa status. I am a British citizen and have an American girlfriend. We met when she was studying abroad in England. Since she had to come home to finish school I decided to come with her until she graduates and we can return to England. I want to stay here until she graduates in December and getting a degree while I am here is a bonus!!
    I am currently in the US on an F1 visa. I arrived in December 2011 and have taken one semester of classes (spring senester). When I came to the US I was starting by studying electrical engineering however I have decided to change my course to HVAC as it will allow we to return home sooner. My problem is that my DSO told me that I have to take summer classes to remin in status with my visa but there are no HVAC classes this summer (as my DSO knows). The DSO wants me to take classes anyways and pay thousands of dollars for summer classes that wont even count towards my major!! I have looked into many different wats to go about this and need some advice.

I could either:
    stay in the states and become out of status and then apply for status reinstatement in the fall when my HVAC classes start
    OR
    Try and change my visa from an F1 to a B2 visa

My questions are as follows:
    If I did go out of status do I have to leave the country right away or can I stay and start taking classes again after the summer? Also how hard is it to get a visa reinstated?
    AND
    If I tried to change to a B2 visa do I even have a chance at getting approved?

PLEASE HELP!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X