Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Default Travelling with 2 Passports, -expired passport has Visa

Hello:

My US passport expired in April and I did get my replacement passport issued. i am travelling to India on April 20th. My visa for travel to India is on my expired passport. Due to the short time before my travel now, I am considering carrying both the passports with my valid visa on the old passport. My personal information on the old and new passports is the same and consistent.

Do you see a issue with this approach where I carry both passports? Please advise.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Diggo123 View Post
    Hello:

My US passport expired in April and I did get my replacement passport issued. i am travelling to India on April 20th. My visa for travel to India is on my expired passport. Due to the short time before my travel now, I am considering carrying both the passports with my valid visa on the old passport. My personal information on the old and new passports is the same and consistent.

Do you see a issue with this approach where I carry both passports? Please advise.

Regards
    What you planned on doing is correct. Carry both the passports.

Clip both your expired and new passports together to avoid getting into trouble because sometimes the officials can make an issue in check-in