Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.

Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Default Forgot to send 6 month validation report during stem extension

Forgot to send 6 month validation report during 17 month(stem) extension. Just found this below rule that my school told me. Can anyone please tell me if there is anyway to fix this.

students must send a validation report to their DSO every six months starting from the date the STEM extension OPT starts and ending when the student’s F-1 status ends or the STEM extension OPT ends, whichever is first. The validation report must include the student’s:
    • Full legal name
    • SEVIS identification number (if requested by the school)
    • Current mailing and residential address
    • Name and address of the current employer
    • Employment start date for the current employer

This is your school's internal requirement. The only requirement from SEVIS point of view is that you report any change in employment status within 30 days of the change. Contact your school's DSO to get more clarification.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Thanks for the reply. DSO said they will be reporting same to SEVIS every 6 months. They said it will not affect the status but can be a problem in future. However, they didn't say what sort of problem.