Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hi,
    My friend had C1D VISA(ONLY TO WORK ON CRUISE LINES). He only worked on ship for a year and then jumped
    on land in USA. He has stayed here for 6 years. Now he is planning to return to his own country India this year.
    Will he face problems in dealing with Indian immigration in Delhi or Mumbai ?
    Will he be able to travel to USA or othe western countries in future ?
    What I heard is once you don't have a valid visa then immigration staff stamps your passport which means he
    will be banned for traveling to USA for 10years and hence it also stops my opportunity to travel to any other
    part of world. I also heard that while facing Indian immigration encase of invalid visa they ask tons
    questions and really grills you.
    He is really interested to go back to India and then want to come back thru a proper channel.Currently he has a
    valid passport(not expired). I will really appreciate if someone can answer my question. has have already suffered
    a lot because of his illegal status here.
    KINDLY HELP.

Originally posted by daviddantas1982 View Post
    Hi,
    My friend had C1D VISA(ONLY TO WORK ON CRUISE LINES). He only worked on ship for a year and then jumped
    on land in USA. He has stayed here for 6 years. Now he is planning to return to his own country India this year.
    Will he face problems in dealing with Indian immigration in Delhi or Mumbai ?
    Will he be able to travel to USA or othe western countries in future ?
    What I heard is once you don't have a valid visa then immigration staff stamps your passport which means he
    will be banned for traveling to USA for 10years and hence it also stops my opportunity to travel to any other
    part of world. I also heard that while facing Indian immigration encase of invalid visa they ask tons
    questions and really grills you.
    He is really interested to go back to India and then want to come back thru a proper channel.Currently he has a
    valid passport(not expired). I will really appreciate if someone can answer my question. has have already suffered
    a lot because of his illegal status here.
    KINDLY HELP.
    Hello,

I was reading a lot regarding possible visa issues and I have read similar cases like this that your friend have
    First of all with C1D visa there is no way that we can change our status to some other visa. We have to leave US (if we came on vacation) in max 29 days. Immigration officer give that time frame on our I 94
    Second thing is if we stay in US on way that is not legal, meaning that we didn't leave US in certain given time frame we are in trouble
    He will experience many questions with both immigration officers and there is a chance that he will be banned to visit US ever again (if he does not end up in jail)
    My friend has a friend that is living in US on not legal way for many years. He cant work, he cant go to school, cant do nothing since he didn't rsepect rule of staying max 6 months in US...Now he cant go home and he cant leave US since he is going to get in serious problems.

I hope this is not all, maybe there is some other way of dealing with this. I hope you will get some more positive answer

Comment

no hope

My brother came here as a crew man since 1996 and never returned he is married to an american citizen for the last 10 years and only has expired EAD. He was recently arrested for unrelated crime and was made to wear a monitoring bracelet for one year .He is seeing a lawyer now to try to fix this but it seems pretty hopeless to me .He realized too late that after 2000 a crewman's visa cannot be adjusted if he was married before 2000 he would have been fine .Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X