Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT - Indian PAN card & Notarization of US Passport etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Indian PAN card & Notarization of US Passport etc.

Hello,

I am US citizen of Indian origin and trying to apply for an Indian PAN card. To process PAN card application, I need to get my US Passport and Driver's License Notarized then get both the documents apostilled by Secretary of State in California and then send the documents to Indian Consulate in San Francisco for attestation.

I tried to get Passport and Driver's License Notarized by contacting several Notary places and few banks but they said that Passport and Driver's License can not be Notarized, they can only have "Copy of Certificate by the Document Custodian", where the person holding the documents certifies the documents under oath and then signs and dates the documents. That signed Copy of Certificate can be Notarized.

I checked with Indian Consulate in San Francisco and they told me that this kind of Notarization will not be accepted by them. They further told me that they do get Notarized Passports and Driver's Licenses but did not say where this kind of Notarization service is provided. They suggested that I should search more into it.

Can any one help me in this Notarization issue? I am located in Sacramento, CA. Please suggest me any Notary Service, who will Notarize US Passport and Driver's License.

I need to get PAN card as soon as possible.

Any suggestion in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Night1
    Last edited by night1; 04-19-2012, 10:14 PM. Reason: for error correction

Originally posted by night1 View Post
    Hello,

I am US citizen of Indian origin and trying to apply for an Indian PAN card. To process PAN card application, I need to get my US Passport and Driver's License Notarized then get both the documents apostilled by Secretary of State in California and then send the documents to Indian Consulate in San Francisco for attestation.

I tried to get Passport and Driver's License Notarized by contacting several Notary places and few banks but they said that Passport and Driver's License can not be Notarized, they can only have "Copy of Certificate by the Document Custodian", where the person holding the documents certifies the documents under oath and then signs and dates the documents. That signed Copy of Certificate can be Notarized.

I checked with Indian Consulate in San Francisco and they told me that this kind of Notarization will not be accepted by them. They further told me that they do get Notarized Passports and Driver's Licenses but did not say where this kind of Notarization service is provided. They suggested that I should search more into it.

Can any one help me in this Notarization issue? I am located in Sacramento, CA. Please suggest me any Notary Service, who will Notarize US Passport and Driver's License.

I need to get PAN card as soon as possible.

Any suggestion in the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Night1
    I have the same profile as you and recently got my PAN card by using the services of < nriinvestindia.com > .

Check them out and I found the process to be very smooth with approx. cost of $ 50.00

It took approx 25 days for me in total.

Comment

Thanks

Hello, Raju595

Thanks for replying my PAN card question.

Night1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X