Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for passport return from New Delhi Embassy

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am confused why my passport has not been returned back to me yet. Please help me understand what might be causing this delay. Here are the facts -

1. I appeared for my H1B visa interview (initial stamping) at New Delhi Embassy on Thursday April 12th, 2012.
    2. After few questions (job profile, education background, etc.) Visa Officer informed me that "I am approving your visa... you should receive your passport back in 4 to 5 days". I did not receive any slips from the VO.
    3. Today is day 10 from the day of my interview and I have not yet received my passport.
    4. I tried contacting VFS and they say that "US Embassy has not handed over the passport to us and we have no more information".
    5. The online passport tracking tool of VFS states"your passport is under process at U.S. Embassy/Consulate".
    6. Couple of days ago, I called the State department's toll free number in Washington D.C. and they said "your passport is under review, you have to wait". I asked how long can be this "wait", they replied "check back next week".
    7. I called the New Delhi Embassy several times and they tell me to check with VFS. Its a vicious circle!
    8. I have been living in the US for many years. All my education is from US universities.
    9. All my previous visas were in an old passport (which I still have). I received a new passport within last few years while in the US.
    10. I have already missed my flight back to the US

My questions are -
    1. What could be going on with my case?
    2. Why am I not getting any information from the US authorities?
    3. How long could I be made to wait for my passport?
    4. Is there anything else I can do to expedite my passport?
    5. Is there any chance my visa won't be approved (despite being told otherwise during the interview)?

As you can imagine, this ordeal has been quite stressful for me and my family. I wish nobody has to go through this.

I will really appreciate your input.
    Last edited by gojo123; 04-21-2012, 07:52 AM.

1. What could be going on with my case?
    2. Why am I not getting any information from the US authorities?
    >>>You need to be a little patience. 10 days is hardly nothing. It could very well be a delay in handing over the passport to VFS. Wait for one more week before you hit the panic button.

3. How long could I be made to wait for my passport?
    >>> If the case has gone into an admin processing, then it will take time. No one can predict how long it might take as they are case by case basis.

4. Is there anything else I can do to expedite my passport?
    >>> There is nothing you can do to expedite the process.

5. Is there any chance my visa won't be approved (despite being told otherwise during the interview)?
    >>> There are cases where the application has gone into admin process after a successful visa interview. But in your case, it is too early to come to that conclusion.
    Last edited by shervin143; 04-22-2012, 02:20 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin143 - Your comments are encouraging of sorts. I am hoping this week will be it when I receive my passport back. I will keep the forum posted.

Comment

received 221(g) Green slip from US Embassy Delhi

Today, after 16 days from my interview date, I received a 221(g) green slip from the U.S. Embassy, Delhi. They have checked all document boxes on it. The Embassy still have my passport, I797, and interview form. I am hoping to get all documents submitted soon, but I am worried how much longer the administrative processing will take before my passport will be returned with the visa.

I am amazed why they made me wait so long before I received the 221(g) form. Could there be any "other" issues with my case??

Any comments will be greatly welcomed.
        Last edited by gojo123; 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Waiting for L2 Visa

Hi Gojo,

My wife has given interview on 27th March 2012 for L2 visa and we are still waiting for the visa.VO told her that her visa is approved and she will get her passport within 2-3 days and she has not given any slip to her.I am calling VFS on daily basis and getting the same reply"your passport is under admin prcessing" . When I am trying to track my passport on VFS website getting message :- "You passport is under process at US Consulate/Embassy".I don't know why they are holding her visa .She has been there in US on L2 visa for three years last month she went to india.
          L2 is a dependent visa and its under process since last one month so really its like a black box .nobody can predict the timeline.I am in US.I am Suffering from High Blood Pressure and I am not getting my food properly.Every single minute is painful for me.Atleast your Family is with you and that is a big support.For me If I will go back to India then I will loose my JOB and if I am staying here then I will be playing with my health still not able to decide So as Sevrin suggested don't hit the panic button for you its 16 days and for me its more than a month now.Keep ur hopes alive

Please update if somebody has given interview at Delhi Consulate after March 20th

[Note:- She was not doing any job here]
          Last edited by L2visawaiting; 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Dear L2visawaiting,

Your story is certainly humbling. I wish and pray your predicament is soon resolved. In my case contacting a US senator helped move the process forward. You can approach a local senator's office and present your plead. It will help if you know any US citizen who might support your cause.

I am finding out that you can never have enough friends and well wishers in this world. Had it not been for a few of my friends, I could have waited much longer before hearing back from the US embassy.

You will be in my thoughts. Good luck to both of us.

Comment

Hi Gojo,
              not sure this will work or not.As per blogs it has worked for few people only. Will try to do this in next week.

Comment

Hi Gojo,
                My wife has received L2 visa today.have you received your visa ?

Originally posted by gojo123 View Post
                Dear L2visawaiting,

Your story is certainly humbling. I wish and pray your predicament is soon resolved. In my case contacting a US senator helped move the process forward. You can approach a local senator's office and present your plead. It will help if you know any US citizen who might support your cause.

I am finding out that you can never have enough friends and well wishers in this world. Had it not been for a few of my friends, I could have waited much longer before hearing back from the US embassy.

You will be in my thoughts. Good luck to both of us.

Comment

Hi L2visawaiting,

I am very happy to hear this new from you. I wish you make up for all the lost time. I have not yet received my visa. I was informed few days ago that the Embassy needs more documents from me. I submitted those documents today. Hopefully, they won't keep me waiting for too much longer.

Again, I am very happy for you. Good luck to both of you.

Comment

Hi gojo123,

Did you get your passport?

Comment

Hi Kkss,

I am still waiting for my passport. VFS and the US State department both say "it is under review". Needless to say I am quite stressed.

Comment

What documents they asked from you?
                        I got the email 2 weeks before requesting for documents like client letter, employment letter and approval.

Does your employer has the direct client? or is there any layer in between?

Comment

Hi kkss:

Here are the two items the Embassy requested from me -
                          1. Complete COPY OF ALL I-797, I-129 petition, Labor Condition Application, and Cover Letter submitted to DHS with the petition application.

2. Letter from ALL END CLIENTS, itinerary of services, and contract
                          1) A signed letter from the prospective end client, stating the client’s intention to make use of the
                          beneficiary’s services and the nature and duration of the project. Include the signatory’s email address and phone number. 2) The applicant’s complete itinerary of services specifying the dates of engagement, the names and addresses of the employers, the names and addresses of any intermediary agents, and the name and address of the end client (where the services will be performed). 3) A copy of the contract between the petitioner and the end client company for the project on which the beneficiary will work.

OR

Internal project description for applicant Include the project’s technical description, budget, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and a marketing analysis showing market need and projected return.

I am a direct employee of my employer, there is no other layer in between. The unusual situation in my case was before the above two items requested, the Embassy sent me another 221(g) letter, under same case number, with a request for all other items in addition to the above two that are mentioned on a 221(g) green form. I gathered most of those documents and submitted them to the Embassy before they amended their request and asked for the above two items only. The two items were a part of my document submission.

It has been over two weeks since I submitted the documents and I am still waiting. Do you have any advice for me? I call the State department and VFS on almost a daily basis and they say the same thing - "it is under process. timeline is on a case-by-case basis". Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

I am also waiting after submiting my documents from 1 week. I got one RFE for documets.
                            From layer I meant that is the client you are working on was found directly by your employer or there is someone else in between thru which you are working on client side.

Comment

We got the passports back from Delhi embassy after almost 2 months.

Date of interview: April 11 2012
                              Got the RFE for documents: May 21 2012
                              Submitted documents: May 29 2012
                              Got the passports with visa stamped: June 8 2012

Best of luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X